Richmond vs St Kilda - Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs St Kilda - Game Day Thread

One of our best last week, and ok tonight. No Vlaustin Grimes Balta for big periods. New blood down there Ralph, Rioli, Tarrant.
I am not Shorts biggest fan but I think you being a bit harsh here
May well be correct Merv on last weeks performance, I think I heard he had over 30 possies ? ....... but for me, that's NOT his main job as a springboard of the half back line. He MUST be able to defend when the opposition have the ball, his uncontested possies far outweigh his contested and his kicking long and deep into the forward line seems to have fallen way off from 2 years ago. The opposition have taken away the easy walk past for a handball kick but he hasnt seemed to adapted his game at all now that he opposition keep more of an eye on him. I guess after seeing him really blossum as a player a few years ago I had very high hopes he was going to go on with it for many years to come, still time, so fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
So someone mentioned elsewhere that Tigers have won 3 of the last 14 games (1 draw). That's bottom 2 material. It's rebuild time. Time for the old oldies to move over.
Like I wasn't down in the dumps enough ..... :(

That stat isn't the pick-me-up I was hoping for .... :cry:

Just reading the Haw/Tiges posts and the only question I have in regard to that topic is .........

Do we have 8-10 players on our list we could offer Haw for this Changkuoth Jiath ? :cool:

From what Ive seen of this kid he is Special with a Capital S, an out and out star for many years to come, absolute Natural and has superb instincts for the game and isnt afraid to take a game on either.

Man, and seriously how GOOD would he look in the Yellow & Black at the G every second week ................... OK, now Im just drooling !

OK, 12 Players and a Framed apology letter for letting you ever think Vickery was a Player, but thats it.

Umpires didn't help, our undisciplined acts didn't help and like RD 1 the boys coughed up a good lead and ran out of legs in the last quarter.

Being at the ground there were some bad howlers by the umpires, it's unbelievable how they are not held to account.

This one is so obvious but the ump didn't pay the free against the Jack Hayes for tunnelling broad, putting him under the ball.

View attachment 14934
There were 2 or 3 that should’ve been paid to Soldo too.

Look, I actually went to his speaking gig with 2 others. So, I respect him deeply enough, you can question my post, but you wouldnt have a clue about my respect for Cotch.

My other post on another thread said we dont need to retire him/call out for him to retire, he knows himself.

And of course he's carrying the midfield. He wasn't to know Dion would be injured or Dusty needed a longer break.
But if you dont think he's playing for the cash, like all of us are working for the cash, you are the one kidding yourself.
Cheers Bob.
You went to a speaking engagement once and he wasn’t great, so you are summising about his future and motives based on that?, and I remember about 6-8 years ago he said something about retiring early etc. - he probably still feels that way.
I don’t think a lot of players enjoy playing AFL - how could you? I have been to all 3 games this year and they are frenetic. Players are exhausted the whole time. The scrutiny is enormous.
I am not suggesting you don’t respect Cotch , and I am not suggesting he is not playing for the cash. Maybe he is playing for many reasons though. We don’t know.
All I know is he is trying his very hardest as always, I have watched him live last 3 weeks, and speculation about his private motives, family business, his expensive lifestyle and the cars his family drives in unnecessary and unhelpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users