Richo aiming to miss 2 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo aiming to miss 2

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Richo aiming to miss two
6:51:55 PM Sat 26 April, 2003
Paul Gough
afl.com.au

Richardson kicked two goals and had a hand in two others – thanks to lightning fast handballs after marking – as the Tigers came from 51 points down late in the second term to beat the Hawks by 20 points.

It was the Tigers’ greatest ever comeback in a match – surpassing the 48 point deficit they retrieved in Sydney in 1982.

And not even suffering another hamstring injury could take the gloss of a memorable day for Richardson.

“I had a corky in my hamstring and it got a bit sore so I thought I’d better come off,” Richardson said.

“I will have to wait and see how it comes up.”

However Tigers’ football manager Greg Hutchison later confirmed that Richardson had suffered a strained hamstring – an injury that normally requires at least two to three matches left.

It is yet another cruelly timed setback for the 28-year-old, who has played just 161 matches even though he is now in his 11th season.

And worryingly this latest setback is to the right hamstring – not the left hamstring that caused him to miss eight matches, in two separate batches of three and five, last year.

This latest setback came just as Richardson was displaying his best form of the season as he played a major role in a win he rated as one of the best during his long career at Punt Road.

“Yeah as far as comebacks goes it definitely would be (one of the best wins),” he said after the game.

“I don’t think we have come back from that sort of score since I’ve been here so in that regard it’s a great win but obviously a finals win would be better