richo named | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

richo named

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
according to ch10 richo has been named in the squad for sunday altho very doubtful to play.
good idea keep the shockers guessing id even name him in the final 22 on sat.

maybe he can borrow hirds helmut ;D

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I heard the same jj and this would confirm it. Will be intersted to see whether spud takes the risk on the day however.

RICHMOND
B: Rogers, Gaspar, Cameron
HB: Tivendale, A.Kellaway, Chaffey
C: Bowden, Campbell, Blumfield
HF: Fiora, Hall, Coughlan
F: Houlihan, Richardson, Hilton
FOLL: Stafford, Rodan, Johnson
I/C: (from) Newman, Pettifer, Mills, Fleming, Vardy, King, Zantuck
IN: Fleming, Mills, Vardy
OUT: -
NEW: Fleming (Old Xaverians/Carlton VFL)

FREMANTLE
B: Walker, Haddrill, Woods
HB: Hayden, Polak, Grover
C: Carr, Pavlich, Headland
HF: Hasleby, J.Longmuir, Medhurst
F: McManus, Croad, Farmer
FOLL: Simmonds, Cook, Bell
I/C: (from) Sandilands, Haines, T.Longmuir, Browne, Schammer, Siegert, Jones
IN: Croad, Jones, Siegert
OUT: -
NEW:

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Look forward to Newman doing a job on Farmer.

Anybody had a look at Sandilands? The guy is on stilts!

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
Good to see Fleming in the side. Whether he actually plays is another story, but I was very impressed with his hardness and professionalism with Coburg.. Looks the type to have a good hard go at holding down a permanant senior position..

Good to see McGrath not rushed into the side. Personally I think that he should be brought into the side, when our Forward line is at it's full strength with Otto, Hall, Richo, Stafford, Rodan and even Holland.. It's better for a young player playing his first game to have the best possible players around him. With all the talls in the forward line, it'll create heaps of opportunites to crumb and kick goals..

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
mellowyellow said:
Will be intersted to see whether spud takes the risk on the day however.

I don't think Richo will or should play and I will be absolutely furious if he does.

Why would you take the risk?

Anyway, according to Eddie last night, he said Richo's face was like a balloon. Don't really know why they bothered naming him really.

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
Thats right, Eddie McGuire went to medical school for 8 years to be able to determine whether Richo's face being a balloon means he can't/won't play.

My opinion is still up however on whether playing Richo is worth it. He could wear a clear face mask, seen most recently on James Hird, and has been used in the NBA for over a decade to cover broken cheekbones.

Maybe if we had a few more talls the decision would be much easier but Richo is only one from a group of 38. Once again it's a toss up between risking individuals for short term success or saving individuals for long term success.

Either way it'll be interesting to see the decision the coaches make, and without a doubt there will either be lot of bagging or congratulations after the game..