RICHO OUT | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHO OUT

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
This is my firsy post on this forum and I am the bearer of bad news.

Richo has a fractured cheekbone from the clash in the 3rd quarter and will be out for a couple of weeks.

Stay tuned.........

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I swear Richo is made of balsa wood and a bit of damp Kleenex. We are truly stuffed now.

Bring in Schulz, start building for next year.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
My reaction was the same as yours John F.

As soon as the incident occured, i said immediately to my mate "his broken his cheekbone". You could see his face shudder from where i was sitting. Gutsy effort to play the last quarter.

Might have to fast track Schulz, not too many other tall options.

G

giggler

:'(The club were apparently have a press conference at 2pm for an update i hear.

:(

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
A blessing in disguise really.

No twin towers to bomb it long to.

How is dud frawely gonna counter this? Maybe, just maybe he might need to devise a game plan for once.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
What a joke. His body is to fragile for AFL. They should of traded him while they had a chance.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Hey Harry, what's your new game plan? Who should come in to replace Richo? You think your some sort of Supercoach, give me your thoughts???

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The Boss said:
My reaction was the same as yours John F.

Welcome to the site TheBoss :)

JohnF's reaction was probably similar to most of us, but this is classified as a family site and that language will be removed.
BTW, we started the shearing today John, come on up, we just need to channel the language in the appropriate direction and the dogs wouldn't be game to think their way of working sheep is the right way all of the time. ;D

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Pull up all you clowns saying he is to fragile. His cheekbone hit Scott West's head. Nothing to do with being injury prone, all to do simple physics - two objects meet, one being harder than the other causes the other to collapse.

As the Bishop from Caddyshack said after his infamous round in the storm - "There is no God"

Get well Richo

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LOL, this is a word that all the family should use. It should be taught to youngun's right after "da da" and "ma ma". It's an essential part of emotive vocabulary. LOL, especially if you are a tiger supporter.

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Full marks to the champ for playing and contributing in the last quarter.

He'll miss 2 - his bones heal quickly.

Staff at FF is the only option we have with Hall and maybe *smile* alternating in the ruck.

No Richo, Ottens or Holland will be a good test of character for the team.

Bowden for a Nathan Brown type FF role perhaps??

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hey The boss, my thoughts?

If we rely on a player who is too scared to have a shot on goals from 20 metres out to win us games then we deserve to lose games and play an ugly UGLY brand of footy.

My game plan, the boss, would involve trying to encourage the midfielders to run with the ball penetrating past and through the 50metres arc and having shots at goal that way.

Something that resembles the way brisbane and adelaide play.

One prime example from yesterdays game, the boss, as I am a supercoach in your eyes, was in the last quarter when Coughlan got the ball on the wing/half forward and ran to approx. 65 metres out where he chose to kick it long to Richo. Bulldogs mark, rebound and score a goal. There was no bulldogs players in front of him and he should have ran through the 50m line with support from teamates providing shepherds and kicked a goal. Brisbane or Adelaide or any other flag contenders would have definately kicked a goal.

We should NOT rely on bombing the ball long to Richo all the time and we need to kick more goals from our midfielders. Works for brisbane doesn't it?

G

giggler

Someone saying "a blessiing in disguise" ... others saying you wish knee recos on certain players - some of you people are sick.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Harry, I finally hear a richmond supporter acknowledges the gameplan of the successful sides, not like the usual feral with his head in the sand believing Richo will lead us to the promised land, marking big bombs and converting into points.
And you know what spud the dud will do, bring in Vardy for full forward and instruct the midfielders to bomb to him. That what his great gameplan will be!

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
That "plan" Harry was the same one deployed by the Bulldogs yesterday, the result - a loss. They had few tall forwards and relied on their midfielders as well as Brown to kick a winning score. Sure the Lions and Crows also play that style of play but they also rely on their key forwards (Lions - Lynch, Brown and Bradshaw) to kick the majority of goals and so too do the Crows with Stevens, Perrie, Welsh and now Carey.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Hope Frawley does bring Schulz in. Bowden at FF or anywhere on the forward line sounds good to me macca.

By the way I think Bowden should be put a particular type of performance contract. He should be giving up 1000 dollars for every clanger he makes. And given 1000 dollars for every 1000 for every goal that he kicks.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Announcement from RFC Below:

"Please be advised that Matthew Richardson suffered a hairline fracture to the cheekbone in a collision in yesterdays game.

Matthew is to have surgery tomorrow and the likelihood is that he will miss one game".

Not all doom and gloom Harry and Diggler.

get well Richo

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The boss, I'm not saying we need to play without a full forward. I'm saying we are TOO richo conscious and rely on him too much to get ourselves into the 50 and create scoring options.

Our midfielders need to be encouraged to run hard into the scoring area and kick goals. You noticed I said encouraged. This is because it is obvious that dud frawely is not encouraging them because in 99% of all forward thrusts we are kicking long into the 50m area.

I wonder if it has ever occured to frawely to watch a tape of brisbane play and try and see what they are doing? I don't think so. This kick it long to forward style went out with mullets and acid wash jeans.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Diggler, not only are some supporters heads in the sand but so too is frawely's.