Richo Versus Tredrea | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo Versus Tredrea

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
We all know that Richo is somewhat suspect at a set shot for goal but so is Warren Tredrea. Tredrea is still a very good contributor to the team as is Richo at times but nobody is screaming for Tredrea's blood. Why???
Here is my comparison of the two which may shed some light on the matter....

The Tantrum
Richo- Regularly.....way too regularly -
Tredrea- Rarely +

Set Shot for Goal
Richo - Poor -
Tredrea - Poor -

Strong leads
Richo - Nonexistent ATM -
Tredrea - Very good +

Overhead Contested Marks
Richo - Good but has been better +
Tredrea - good but gets in a positon to receive more uncontested marks (opponent 2m+ away) +

Kicking on the run inside 30
Richo - Average to poor -
Tredrea - good +

Kicking on the run ouside 50
Richo - Very good +
Tredrea - Very good +

Help from Umpires
Richo - Poor. Gets scragged all the time with few frees. Also gives away plenty -
Tredrea - Good. Quite often the "Darling" of the Umpires. Gives away very few Frees +

Hand speed
Richo - Poor -
Tredrea - Good +

Turning Circle
Richo - Poor. Turning Circle of the QEII -
Treadrea - Also not the best but better than Richo -

Second Effort
Richo - Up and down but more often down. gives up too easily on the chase for someone who is as quick as he is -
Tredrea - Has the Burgoyne boys for that sort of stuff -

Leg speed
Richo - Very good but stamina is sometimes questionable +
Tredrea - Not as quick as Richo But positions himself better +

So in Summary, If Richo can put a + where he has a - I'm sure he'll be a much better player for us and people might actually get off his back for a bit but he's the only one who can do it.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Pretty fair comparision there tiga.

Tredrea plays the true CHF role. Leads up the ground and rarely goes near the goal square let alone gets plonked there all day like Richo does. I would say that's because it's his best postiion (both for himself and the team) plus he too is a lousey kick for goal (especially misses the crucial ones) although this year his kicking for goal appears to have improved somewhat. Chad Cornes who's not overly tall (191cm) is Port's FF. They play a more nimble forward structure with the Burgoyne brothers, Wanganeen and Montgomery at times and resting midfielders providing leading forward targets. Makes it a hell of alot easier to play forward when you are not the sole and predictable target unlike our forward set-up.

Also having a quick and skillful midfield with a number of decent players to rotate through it makes a big difference. They've not skipped a beat since losing Francou and Primus to injury. We lose one player (say Cambo) and our midfield falls away badly in depth.

My criticism of Port is that they have too many "cameo" players (4 goals one week, none for the next 4 weeks). Works well during the H/A season as a loss only now and then due to those players not firing doesn't matter but does hurt Port badly in finals (a la the Collingwood game last year) when the time and space these type of players need is minimal.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Interesting theory. Constructive but not negative. Maybe the coaching staff need to have a good look at Tredrea and the Burgoyne boys a bit closer.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
So basically, Richo just has to increase his ability to turn on the spot, increase his hand speed, learn to kick on the run inside 30, learn how to lead strongly, and cut out the tantrums and he'll be fine.

Simple!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If my grandmother was a bloke she'd be my grandfather. Simple.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Harry i think it is time you sought professional help. ;D ;)

(Just joking in case anyone wants to invoke Rosy's rule of conduct)

Just hope your grandmother is not to upset by it all H.