Rising Star | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rising Star

Columbo

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 4, 2007
Noticed both Dan and George rocked up late, must have been training the house down for a FINAL !!! Missed the photo op. with the other boys. Oh well.
If Burton doesn't win this, its rigged. Sick of these feel good Ess stories led by the H/S and Robbo. There's no way McGrath beats Burton.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
These are the judges -

Gillon McLachlan, Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Andrew Dillon, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Warren Tredrea, Kevin Sheehan.

At least Hamish's brother didn't give the award to... who was that Brisbane leper? Lewis Something. Plays HFF in the worst team in memory. Badly. Rising Star.

E

easy_tiger

Couldnt give a stuff about The Drug Cheats little consolation prize.

Back the *smile* out of Jack G for the RS '18

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Burton didn't receive the 5 from any of the judges?
Those spud's need their eyes checked!

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Butler and Georgie were too busy worrying about kicking 3 each next Friday night.

Stupid award IMO.

How someone like Lewis Taylor won one over the Bont is amazing.

Funnily enough in that year Josh Kelly polled 1 vote.

Agreed - Curnow will be the best of that bunch

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Blind Charlie said:
Burton didn't receive the 5 from any of the judges?
Those spud's need their eyes checked!

Spot on, BC. It was the way Burton lost it that was most disconcerting.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
McGrath was pick1 and he went to Essendon because they finished last. They finished last because of their drug cheating program.

I have nothing against the kid but he shouldn't be at Essendon.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Deserving winner. Class above the rest.
The kid from hawthorn and pepper are very good kids too.
Bulter is a beauty too

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Sintiger said:
McGrath was pick1 and he went to Essendon because they finished last. They finished last because of their drug cheating program.

I have nothing against the kid but he shouldn't be at Essendon.

Yep. The usual AFL bs and pandering to Essendon.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Agree with most rubbish award. It should really be a first year player's award anyway. Butler had a really good year but not in consideration because of his age I reckon.

AFL ratings sheds some light. Interestingly they have Tom Phillips and Dan as the best players on average rating during the year. Dan had the best individual game.

They have a category though that compares the players rating with other players of the same age playing the same position. On that metric you see Curnow and Burton jump up.

Burton is 45% above average, Curnow 42%, but Curnow second half of the year was better than the first so probably averaging higher. To be fair McGrath was 35% above average. Dan was 24% above which in itself is impressive as he would be rated against 3rd year players.

Dusty of course missed out due to a ridiculous report/non suspension.

Anyway good luck to Mcgrath and the rest.

But meh!! Didn't watch or care much.