ROBERT MURPHY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ROBERT MURPHY

tiger mad

I'm a llama!
Sep 10, 2003
Hey I was wondering do any of you know who Robert murphy is?
At the moment he plays for the bulldogs. he is out of contract and doesn't seem to want to sign. he used to be a mad richmond supporter. it's suposed that he still has his room decorated with richmond stuff. wouldn't he be great for richmond?
the herald sun thought that he had potential in the bulldogs profile he was the pictured player.
on the bulldogs website in his profile it says:
"Comparisons with Robert Flower don't come lightly, but this player has shown he has the potential to develop into a quality performer due largely to his outstanding balance and poise. Used mainly across half-back last year, he missed the opening of the season due to suspension, but on return produced a solid year. Blessed with exceptional foot skills and the ability to create space, he rarely loses his cool and often appears to be playing at a canter. Looks likely to develop into a midfielder. Despite his light frame he rarely goes to ground and is shaping as a long-term player for the Bulldogs. "
i think Murphy would be great for richmond. what do you think.

these are all of his other details:
"Guernsey Number: 2

Height 184cm

Weight: 81kg

Recruited From: Warragul/Gippsland U18

Debut: 2000

Date of Birth: 9 June 1982

PLAYER HONORS
Player honours: International Rules Series 2002; AFL Rising Star nominee 2001.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Murphy is a quality player but I think Richmond already have enough adequate Half Back Flanker type players in the Robert Murphy mould - IMO.