1000 Posts may = Been there and Postive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1000 Posts may = Been there and Postive

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
When it was pointed out to me that I was closing in 1000 posts I couldn't believe it. Alot has happened in the 10 months I have been a member of this forum. And it got me thinking. Could I sit down a post a message that clearly put across the reasons why I support the Club so strongly regarding the approach they are taking and if I could was I prepared to cop the battering and bashing if I dared to say "Yep I support Danny, Greg Miller, Hutchy, Casey and the direction the Club is taking"

Yesterday there was a post that said I was deluded and accepted medicority. I wasn't named personally but the post said anyone who supported what was going on was clearly deluded and supported medicority.

Believe me I am not deluded. I am well aware of where my Club finished the 2003 season. I am well aware of where it is today. Besides, if I am not aware all by myself I have people at work who constantly remind me of how devasted, depressed and disillusioned I must feel. Essendon supporters came be so comforting :mad:

I am also well aware of where I want it to be and I am 100% certain that there isn't one person on this board who doesn't want it to be where I want it to be.

In the last few weeks I have visited the Chatroom on Monday nights and of course last Sunday. Everytime I have visited the Chat room I always get asked the same questions. "KL do you still support Danny?" and "How can you?". I will admit I have never gone into specifics as to why I am so strong in my support. But have always said that I have my reasons and my reasons have not changed. Will I publically state the reasons - NO because my reasons come from numerous conversations with various people. The majority of these conversation were in confidence and I gave my word that they would stay that way.

I have been as angry as alot of people on this site. Actually I spent the whole of 2002 being angry. My alarms bells rang in the pre-season of 2002 when all I heard was "we are a top 4 side" and all I could think was - just concentrate on making the finals.

There were times in 2002 I felt like a semi-regular on 3AW as I had become so disillusioned. One of my comments was printed in The Age another was used by Channel 9.

So what changed?

Firstly, I decided to find out about the things that I was concerend with. Without going into great detail - I went to the CLub for answers. I spoke to one of our Directors - he actually came to my work and we had 90 minute meeting about the Club. During that meeting he organised for me to meet a couple of people at the Club who worked in the areas of concern to me.

As everyone is aware I spent a week in the Footy Dept as a result of being a winning bidder at the auction. During that week I had a number of conversations with Greg Miller and Hutchy about alot of thing that concerned me about our clubs future. These conversation will forever remain private but I will say they were open, frank and very honest. I got a clear understanding of what the plans for the future were and I believe they are headed in the right direction.

Finally, there is the Members Forum - this forum has shown me that the Club is listening to the members. It has also shown me that no matter what they offer to members for some it will never be enough but at least no-one cannot say they are not trying. I have said numerous times at our meetings - I cannot chnage what is happening on the field no matter how much I want but at least I can try help improve something that I can contribute to.

I had Neville Crowe come out and see me as well. We spoke about Coteries and Richmond people. It was memorable meeting for me. Why? Because I learnt something (actually it re-enforced something) I am a Richmond person.

We all are.

Lets not forget that.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
I'll keep it short, Koalalil, as I have to be somewhere else.
Congrats on the magic number! I didn't know your story but I gathered you had more inside information than a lot of us. All I can say is just keep on the way you are, the knockers are...well, just knockers, even if we were constantly in the final four, there would still be something to complain about. I know I knock Danny and some of the players but it's as much, or more, from frustration that we're not higher on the totem pole than we are and when it comes to crunch time, they're still my Tigers!
Keep up the good work, both you and Rosy, and GO TIGES!

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
KL I can understand private conversations being kept private but unless this is all cloak and dagger secret squirrel classified information why arent the rest of the members and supporters being told. Maybe then we could all see this glorious light at the end of the tunnel.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Well said Lil, I admire your courage.

I dropped off posting on the boards for fear of causing flame wars, although my support always was for those like Dean and yourself who remained positive.

I like you beleive that we have to stick with the off field structure we have , may be for different reasons. But all the complaiming and polls on any web site is not going to change that. What we need to do now is support the club, they are trying to do something. We may not agree but no one that is at the club wants to see the Tigers go the Way of Fitzroy or South.

Congrats on reaching 1000 posts by staying the same.

Congrats

Khan

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
It's a bit of a catch 22 KL- you don't want to pass on the contents of your conversations, understandably. But therefore none of us are going to be swayed by your words. We can only judge them on what they do.

I personally am reserving my final decision on the coaching and admin staff until the next draft. If I don't see sufficient preparedness to go after youth, and sufficient backbone not to go after recycled hacks, then I will not be supporting them (although I'll renew my membership). If I do see a willingness to truly rebuild, then I will support them for another year.

But this is absolutely their last chance!

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Tigerblood said:
It's a bit of a catch 22 KL- you don't want to pass on the contents of your conversations, understandably. But therefore none of us are going to be swayed by your words. We can only judge them on what they do.

TB - I am not trying to sway anyone. That's not what my post is about. Just trying to explain the best I can why I have view I do.

I agree actions will always speak louder than words and that is why I looking at the coming draft and trade period. I want to see if actions do speak louder.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
Yesterday there was a post that said I was deluded and accepted medicority. I wasn't named personally but the post said anyone who supported what was going on was clearly deluded and supported medicority.

Out of interest what thread was that on Lill, I'd like to read it.

Koalalill said:
In the last few weeks I have visited the Chatroom on Monday nights and of course last Sunday. Everytime I have visited the Chat room I always get asked the same questions. "KL do you still support Danny?" and "How can you?".

I probably haven't been in the chatroom all the times you mention Lill, but I was last Sunday night. You weren't singled out. We were all discussing our thoughts and feelings really. Try being in there after midnight and then you'll see some real eye opening discussions, ha. ;D

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Lil, as you know I am also a Danny fan. Rate that post, wish that oyu would divulge the information and not keep it secret anthough I know oyu will not. Jsut wish I knew so that I can keep the faith. If oyu cant tell us is there anyway we can find out?

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Worse case of typs I have seen but at least consistant

you not oyu

I was trying to make up acromyms for that

Khan :)

p.s I do it with "that" or "the" type "thta" "teh"

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Roar34 said:
Keep up the good work, both you and Rosy, and GO TIGES!

Thanks Roar. :)

I know people think I am a bit crabby about Richmond lately, but I call things as I see them. I could just as easily not post anything negative even though I think it. To me that's not what forums are about though. I'll always share my views either way. I'm just as comfortable saying I thought Danny coached crap as I am saying I think he did well.

I must give my posts some thought though. We were coming up with new names for me in the chat room. Suggestions like TigerFuriouserRosy, Mrs NeWmAn, Mrs JohnF, angryrosy etc (won't mention the oldrosy one ;D) might have a message there somewhere. :rollin

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Out of interest what thread was that on Lill, I'd like to read it.

Been trying to find it myself Rosy. But this morning I had to take Grumpy (Mum) to the hospital so I had to stop. Will keep looking though.

rosy3 said:
I probably haven't been in the chatroom all the times you mention Lill, but I was last Sunday night. You weren't singled out. We were all discussing our thoughts and feelings really. Try being in there after midnight and then you'll see some real eye opening discussions, ha. ;D

Wasn't suggesting I had been singled out Rosy - just highlighting that I had been asked that's all

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Walster said:
KL I can understand private conversations being kept private but unless this is all cloak and dagger secret squirrel classified information why arent the rest of the members and supporters being told. Maybe then we could all see this glorious light at the end of the tunnel.

Without sounding like I am 1) being a smart alec and 2) making excuses for the Footy Dept or the Club.

Members have been told alot - I re-read the 19 pages of the thread started by Harry about the members forum and I think they did tell people what they intended to do during this years trade period. Granted it wasn't what most people wanted to hear but they did say it publically no the less.

In the same thread MC24 - said that Hutchy and Ian were availabe after the meeting to answer further question one on one.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Thats ok if you are in Melbourne and able to attend those Melbourne forums, a bit tougher when you live in Adelaide and cannot make those forums and Greg Miller takes 7 weeks to reply to your emails with generic responses through his secretary Ros.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Khan: I know my typing is extremely sloppy. Trying to fit in work and posting means I am extremely lazy when it comes to checking after my fast but sloppy typing.
I should be more careful though.
At least we can laugh about it.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Hell yeah

Take a look at my post cant even type typo properally ( I also cant spell)

Lets Roar in 2004

Khan

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Good post KL. I at once respect and am frustrated by the Cone of Silence too ;D

Let's hope next season is a belter for all Richmond fans.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Can I just add one thing and I probably have never said this before or explained it too well.

The week I was at the Club I was not told by anyone what I could or couldn't talk about on this site or anywhere else for that matter. I have made that call myself.

Conversations with other people (eg the Director & Staff) were deemed "in confidence" by those people and myself. But mainly by me - because that's how I do business (if that makes sense)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
You are an accountant Lil as am I and do understand confidentiality. It is fair enough, jsut frustrating for bloeks like me who are very nosy and like to know adn understand why things happen adn what is going on.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Lil I'm sure you've figured by now that I have absolutely no regard for Frawley as a coach. Funnily enough I don't have a problem with Miller (I'll give him some time), Casey (from where I sit he's doing a good job), Ian Campbell (pedigree background deserves backing).
My only concern with this group is they back Frawley as a good coach - I'm sure they've explained it to those lucky enough to get their ear but I haven't heard one valid reason from the club or on this forum to stick with Spud. My major concern is that we're about to embark on a rebuilding process and I'd be stunned if Frawley was still there in 1 or 2 years. We (IMO) should be looking for someone to be a part of the process from day 1, not 1 or 2 years in. I'm serious when I say that I need someone to validate the reasoning before I stick my head in the oven - bugger we don't have gas.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Shawry's 1000th post reminded me that I missed your 1000th post KL. Better late than never.

Well done on a fine effort, under not always easy circumstances. Good on you for sticking to your guns.