Robert Walls very ill. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robert Walls very ill.

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Just saw a headline on the Herald Sun homepage, Robert has a rare cancer, 1-3 months to live.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Give him a run in the ruck.

Wallsy would appreciate the gallows humor. But seriously, no good. Hope he's comfortable as can be and the family all get closure.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
That's horrible news.

Never really liked him as a commentator, seemed to say stuff that was obvious and minutes after i'd thought it myself. He was obviously a good coach though.

Don't like seeing anyone go through this type of stuff.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Just saw a headline on the Herald Sun homepage, Robert has a rare cancer, 1-3 months to live.
Not quite as drastic according to Seven News website which I just checked

“The 73-year-old was told in AFL grand final week that he had as little as one month to live if he did not undergo treatment, but significant chemotherapy has altered his outlook ……..”

Good luck Wallsy

Reactions: 9 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not quite as drastic according to Seven News website which I just checked

“The 73-year-old was told in AFL grand final week that he had as little as one month to live if he did not undergo treatment, but significant chemotherapy has altered his outlook ……..”

Good luck Wallsy
The 7 article painted a much better outlook. It’s still not great news, and he’s young (74) to be facing this.

Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Good coach. Fellow teacher. Best wishes Robbie.
Also not a soft player in his day. Played CHF in a strong Carlton team. I remember reading once where Rotten Ronnie Andrews said ‘ I buried my fist in his kidney nearly up to elbow”….”and he just turned and looked at me”…… “not the reaction I was expecting and I thought there is a bit to go in this game yet, I better be careful here”…..

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
He's gone into remission which is positive news.

Even his long-time sparring partner Kevin Sheedy has reached out in support, which says plenty.

Met Walls once many years ago. He was a gentleman.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read the article on him. There was a line about how rude he was to supporters when he was at Carlton.
When he was coach of the Tigers I wrote a letter (pre internet days of course) and he responded very kindly. I still have it somewhere in a bag in the shed.

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Wishing him all the best. Legend of the Game

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He's gone into remission which is positive news.

Even his long-time sparring partner Kevin Sheedy has reached out in support, which says plenty.

Met Walls once many years ago. He was a gentleman.
He was a very, very good player too. He broke my heart when he kicked 6 goals in the 72 GF.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users