Rodan's Nick name | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rodan's Nick name

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
As Prez of the David Rodan Appreciation Society on this board I think we need to give the man a nic name to be shouted by all Punt Road Enders. Couple of options I've been floating

Sticking with the Rodan(t) theme

Mighty Mouse

The Mouse that Roars

(Plain and simple) Rodant

otherwise how about the ever Aussie version Davo

Lets Roar

Khan

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Have no idea what his real nickname is, Khan.

Mighty Mouse ain't bad.
Rodders
D-Rod
The Rat always reminds me of John Platten from Hawthorn.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Dave was interviewed on Sport927 the other morning and they discussed nicknames he's had.

Interestingly they asked him about the rodant/rat nicks and he said he's never been called any of them.

He said they call him D-Rod around the club.

For a while he was called Hoover by the boys cos Danny reckoned he vacuumed everything up at ground level.

I forget the others he mentioned.

When I talk about Dave I call him Rodo.

T

tiga chikk

As VP of David Rodan, im with you all the way on this one Khan.

im not sure of one myself, but the mouse that roars sounds good.

so anyone else with any it would be good to hear

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Rodo sounds a bit LOR Frodo, is that it Rosy

LOL

A hobbit, picks things up, good work ethic not bad sort of fits,

Lets Roar

Khan

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha Khan, better get someone into the rooms to check out if his feet are hairy. :rollin

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Davo is good its the Roy n HG way of naming people.
I think 'the brick with eyes' is but one of their names for blokes playing RugbyLeague, anyway IMO we should call him, Aussie! For reasons that explain themselves.....

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Wasn't "the mouse that roars" the nickname the Germans gave Nancy Wake during WW2? Don't know if Rodan would appreciate having the same nickname as a woman no matter how brave she was.

T

tiga chikk

julzqld said:
Wasn't "the mouse that roars" the nickname the Germans gave Nancy Wake during WW2? Don't know if Rodan would appreciate having the same nickname as a woman no matter how brave she was.

ok i take that back then cos i dont think he would like it either, how about good old Rody short and simple but effective

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
julzqld said:

The Nazis called her 'the white mouse' because they couldn't catch her.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Nah the "mouse that roars" refers to an african fable. About a mouse and a cave and something trying to eat him. Nothing to do with Nancy Wake who was the White Mouse.

Lets Roar

Khan