Round 18 votes-vs Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 18 votes-vs Freo

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Round 17 results
Richardson-45
Ottens-39
Johnson-27
Rodan-24
McGrath-18
Holland-15
Krakouer-7
A Kellaway-5

Progressive votes after round 17.

Coughlan-424
Tivendale-228
Johnson-219
Richo-216
Chaffey-180
Stafford-164
Campbell-156
Newman-125
A Kellaway-86
Rodan-81
Cameron-79
Bowden-74
Krakouer-72
Ottens-60
Rodan-57
Gaspar-49
Zantuck-35
Vardy-20
Holland-19
McGrath-18
Flemming-12
Hall-10
Houlihan-6
Flemming-6
Hilton-5
Fiora-2
Rogers-1
King-1

3. Coughlan - Star
2. Johnson - Thank goodness for you and cogs today.
1. Tivs - 4 goals and at least was clean when he got the footy.

Apologies Zantuck (except for those dumb frees in the last 10-15 mins), AK and Rodan.

Richo no second efforts. Just stopped and let McPharlin get easy possies.
Bowden - soft.

Undisciplined in the end.

3 - Cogs
2 - Johnno
1 - Zanners (gave away stupid frees though in the last couple of mins)

Apologies to AK and Tivva

Surprised we got so close to beating freo..

3 - Johnson
2- Cogs (please use your right foot a bit more ;))
1 - Richo

Apologises to:
Otto - another bonus game
Tivva - showed why we need to keep you
Blumfield - best game since you've been at the CLub
Rodan - like you in the centre

Forget it:
Guess who ? My squash ball of course!

And from my this saddens me to say it podium:
Duncan - it is time mate. You have been a champion of this Club - but someone has posted elsewhere that you are a liability in the backline. Yesterday you looked so slow. I think the body is saying it has had enough and for all us who have loved watching you play - I just reckon it is time. I want to remember you as the bloke who wouldn't let the likes of Buckley, Hird, etc get a kick not someone who may have gone that 1 season too many

Surprisingly, we were pretty competitive and could have snatched the game. This was due more to Freo playing to our low level rather than us lifting up a gear... A few things lets us down - things that have let us down all year:

1. A frigid game plan due to our brain(les)'s trust
2. Skill errors and poor decision making
3. A lack of on-field leaders showing the way
4. Poor discipline

We were also shafted by some really bad umpiring. A few that are worthy of note were:
1. Zantuck's tackle on Medhurst where Medhurst threw the ball and was given a free kick for God knows what at the end of the 2nd quarter.
2. Fleming's tackle on MacManus was also a perfect tackle which resulted in a free kick being given away.
3. A 50 m penalty given against Richo for a tap on the shoulder after freo took a mark.
4. A free kick going to Longmuir agaisnt D. Kellaway for holding. Longmuir was actually holding Duncan.
5. A play-on call agaisnt Holland where he had convinced everyone else that he had actually taken the mark.

ANYWAY...... Here's how I saw the votes....

3. Coughlan - Again his disposal was a little shabby but the way he hit the packs and continued to get up after getting cleaned up so many times was awe inspiring. His housemate is teaching him well ;D

2. Johnson - 31 touches and although not all of them were effective thought he complimented Coughlan well and did some of the in and under work as well. Benefitted greatly from Ottens' tap work in the centre.

1 - Tivendale. Mixed the sublime with the ordinary. Kicked 4 beautiful goals but also had a few problems with the kick ins.

Also worth a mention:

Richo - Had his usual sooks, clangers and free kick give aways, but also did some good things in between. Should have been playing at least at this level a couple months ago when it meant something.

Blumfield - Still looks underdone, but did a few clever things. Has great hands and did some good handballs and marked well.

Ottens - Did ok in the ruck with some good palming to Johnson in particular.

Rodan - Doesn't get much of the ball but is very dynamic when he has it.

DUDS:

King - Must be the king of giving head - how the hell does he keep getting a game?

Nicholls - Slow, fat, uncoordinated, no footy smarts. But he does have a rough head that could probably scare the opposition team.

Holland - Dissappointing that he didn't back up last week's good performance. Needs to impose himself on the game more. With a physique like that he should be able to knock down buildings.

blow-up Doel Bowden - Only a matter of time before a supporter hops the fence and wrings his neck.

D. Kellaway - He is shot, but when fully fit is still worthy of a spot in the team before the likes of Nicholls, King Houlihan, Biddiscombe and Hilton. His legs are shot to pieces, would get outrun by a geriatric.

3. Johnson
2. Coughlan
1. Richo

Spoecial mentions: Ottens, AK, Rodan (too patchy though).

Fiora got heaps of touches but how many did he use. REally want him to do something soon.

Don't want to vote - just want to comment on the softest, weakest and team hurting player in Bowden again. He is a nemesis to the RFC and I pray and hope somehow get rid of this germ from the yellow and black.

I would take a 3rd round draft pick for him.

O.K, my votes

3 - Cogs: just for sheer heart
2 - D. Kellaway: gone at the end of the year but showed plenty of heart and excellent reading of the play
1 - Tivvers - bad disposal from kick ins but 4 'Tivendale' goals enough for a vote

3 - Zantuck (Can't believe some on here actually want to trade him. He has all the attributes to be a great player. He is one of only a few who has decent vision to spot up a loose player instead of kicking it to contests like most do).

2 - Johnson (Best 4qtr effort he has played for Richmond; about time. Still wish we had Wells)

1 - Coughlan, Tivendale & Richo

Apologies to Blumfield, Ottens, Krakouer & Rodan

1. cogs! (champion, well done in his home town)
2. Johno (him and cogs lead the way)
3. Tiv (got 4 nice goals, good effort)

mentions to-
rodan and richo! sad how he got booed at the end of the game.

We did a good job and put up a decent fight.

3. Johnson
2. Tivendale
1. Coghlan
Also liked Newmans job on the Wizz, Richo kept me on the edge of the seat with his brilliance and bloopers, and Otto, Ak and Chaff were solid.

**Someone should get Joel Bowden to sit down and watch a replay of this game and make a note of all the 1 percenters that Peter Bell was doing, I have never rated this guy as a player before, but he was inspirational for some of his efforts and so was Coghlan.