Round 2 v Port Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 v Port Melbourne

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
ToraToraTora said:
Is it just me or is Chol a bit better this year. A bit more hard working. Not exactly tearing it up but...doesnt jog around like Sunday morning on the Esplanade anymore.
Agree. Would be interesting to see how he would fare in the seniors this year.

DES has had a nice game. Great composure.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Lots of positives but i like the fact that we have young midfielders being groomed in the VFL and not being intimidated by the bigger bodies of the stand-alone clubs.

Happy with RCD but I don't expect to see him in the seniors this year.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
mad_tiggy911 said:
RCD underwhelming.

Not what I expected. Doesn't win enough ball.

Thought he was ok.

A few thoughts.

DE-S is coming on beautifully. Really liked his work from the back half. Naish good too.
Turner knocks up getting the footy. Might get a snr game yet this yr.
Chol was excellent in the last term after a lazy first half. When will he put together a complete game?
Butler was a standout at the level. His run from HB to set up Aarts for a goal was top shelf.

Good win considering those out.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
No player banging the door down but I thought soldo, markov, garth, eggs, Moore, butler, turner, rcd were ok

Chol was hopeless as a key forward early, but played well as a follower

Rcd shows promise but will need a stronger body to play afl

I disagree with most re Naish’s kicking ability. Missed 2 sodas.

First time I have seen English. His disposal was poor.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Turner looks like a good prospect to me. I'm not sold on RCD and agree we are unlikely to see him this year. Has great upside but with potential upside comes risk.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Enjoyable game after a weird first quarter, which didn’t even run for 20 minutes by the scoreboard. Port are clearly a much weaker team than the one that beat us in the GF, but you can only beat what’s in front of you.
Chol was his usual frustrating self, really didn’t use his body well in marking contests until the final quarter when he was able to take advantage of tiring part-time defenders.
Butler is a class above VFL level, which is pleasing to see considering he played all his football there until two years ago.
RCD just doesn’t get very involved for an inside-mid. Time’s on his side though.
Naish is coming on nicely, combining quick thinking with his lovely kicking.
CCJ is also coming on well, though he needs to tidy up his hand-passing. There were a couple of times he took nice marks, but then tried to dish it off quickly and messed up.
The Garth and Miller didn’t have a lot to do, though the latter kicked a lovely goal with an intercept mark and then a 50m roost that would still have gone through if he had been 10m further back.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
DE-S is coming on beautifully. Really liked his work from the back half. Naish good too.

This kid seems to have become our ghost. Barely known, no news, no information.....

Have you seen him progress from nothing to something or just a one-off game?

E

easy_tiger

TigerForce said:
This kid seems to have become our ghost. Barely known, no news, no information.....

The couple of games I saw eggs play last year, I thought he was the least likely to play a game on our list,

so glad to hear he's improving

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
TigerForce said:

He missed most of last year and when he came back looked soft. Was probably hopelessly underdone.

He's looked very silky so far this year, though not prolific, but in fairness our backs have had very little to do so far.

Markov and Menadue haven't taken their senior opportunities this year so that will eventually fall to Naish (this year) and Eggsy (probably next year).

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
TigerForce said:

Saw him play in a practice match v Cartoon and struggled to pick between him and Stacky - now it may have been all Stacky and he didn't get near it, but reckon it was both of them that were impressing me at the time. No surprise to see Stacky do what he has done as both showed good composure and used the ball well. DES has had a bad run with injuries so given a good run may develop into a useful player yet.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
The bye is not that bad of timing.

Yes not ideal round 3 but with the AFL team playing the following Wednesday after a Saturday night game - if we get some injuries on Sat night then at least we have blokes fresh to go without playing this weekend.