Round 5 selected team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 selected team

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
PLAYERS
Backs: C. Newman D. Gaspar M. Chaffey
Half Backs: R. Hilton A. Kellaway W. Campbell
Centre: J. Bowden D. Rodan L. Cameron
Half Forwards: G. Tivendale M. Richardson A. Houlihan
Forwards: A. Krakouer R. Hall M. Rogers
Followers: M. Coughlan, G. Stafford, K. Johnson
Interchanges: T. Zantuck, A. Fiora, K. Pettifer, T. Fleming
Emergencies: C. King, A. Mills, R. Vardy

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Blumfield out, Krakouer to play
Barry Levinson
afl.com.au
5:53:37 PM Thu 24 April, 2003
Exciting goalsneak Andrew Krakouer has been included for his first match of the year, when Richmond faces Hawthorn at the MCG on Saturday.

The Tigers have only made one change to the team which defeated St Kilda on Easter Monday, with ex-Bomber recruit Justin Blumfield forced out with a thigh injury that proved to be worse than first thought.

Blumfield could miss up to eight weeks after having surgery to re-attach his thigh muscle to the bone.

Krakouer earns his place in the Tiger line-up after showing encouraging form in the VFL with Coburg.

The Hawks have made two changes, with Nathan Thompson and Richard Vandenberg returning at the expense of the omitted Simon Cox and Nick Stone.

Meanwhile, Ben Holland will continue his return from a knee reconstruction when he runs out with Coburg against Box Hill on Friday afternoon.

Holland played in the Coburg reserves last week, as the seniors had a bye.

He may line-up in defence on his older brother Nick, who is returning for the Hawks from a calf injury.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Krak's fresh legs might come in handy if our midfield tires. It would be great if he could repeat his form from the Aboriginal Allstar game at AFL level.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
rosy3 said:
Blumfield out, Krakouer to play
Barry Levinson
afl.com.au
5:53:37 PM Thu 24 April, 2003
Exciting goalsneak Andrew Krakouer has been included for his first match of the year, when Richmond faces Hawthorn at the MCG on Saturday.

The Tigers have only made one change to the team which defeated St Kilda on Easter Monday, with ex-Bomber recruit Justin Blumfield forced out with a thigh injury that proved to be worse than first thought.

The Hawks have made two changes, with Nathan Thompson and Richard Vandenberg returning at the expense of the omitted Simon Cox and Nick Stone.

Happy with that change. We don't lose anything in the midfield.

Note that Hawthorn have dropped two talls which is a bonus for us. I was expecting Stone to go but not Simon Cox as well.