SA Tiger | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SA Tiger

rexy

Tiger Rookie
Feb 25, 2008
Adelaide
I forgot to do this bit when I joined so i thought I'd introduce myself.

Back in primary school a couple of mates started wearing their Glenelg duffle coats. I liked the look of the Yellow & Black so became a Glenelg supporter. I grew up in Elizabeth so should have really been a Central Districts supporter.

In 1980 I started turning my attention to the VFL on TV. I naturally adopted the Yellow & Black.
As I watched KB slot through his 7th goal to kill off the Carringbush and raise those arms in the air I thought I was in for some great years with my new club :duh

I was a TV supporter only until The Crows joined the comp. in 91 and since then I've seen The Tiges a few times at Footy Park (AAMI). Thankfully the Glenelg Tigers had a great era 85-87 and 90-91 so this helped me to ignore the slide of Richmond. I've also seen Richmond a few times at The Gabba, Telstra & The G.

My best memories are when the '95 Scotty Turner inspired Tigers come from behind to beat the Bombers in the Semi. This was the last time we had a top 4 side (2001 arguably).

I've always had a soft spot for The Crows and watching that great 97-98 Adelaide side including Blight, Ricciuto, McLeod, Modra & friends helped me forget the RFC woes.

I believe Richmond are about to make another push to become a top four team. I also believe that generally the secret behind Premierships is a great Coach/Captain/Champion combination (Blight/Ablett) (Malthouse/Kemp-Matera) (Parkin/Kernahan/Williams) (Blight/Riccutio-Bickley/McLeod-Modra) (Pagan/Carey/Stevens) (Sheedy/Hird) (Matthews/Voss/Aka -(the best)) (Williams/Primus/Wanganeen) (Roos/Kirk/Goodes) (Worsfold/Judd-Cousins-Kerr) (Ablett Jnr/Bartel only (don't rate Bomber Thompson in this combo.)) (Hodge/Franklin/Rioli only (don't rate Clarkson in this combo)).
We've got the Captain/Champion in Cotchin and champion in Delidio but where is the coach going to come from? Maybe Blighty will come out of retirement if Wallace doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat in the next 3-4 years. Or we can snare Malthouse?.
Having said that I don't rate Thompson or Clarkson as great coaches so maybe the old addage of great players make the coach look good could come to fruition at TigerLand.

Don't be shy Rexy, tell us a bit about yourself mate. ;D
Welcome to PRE, look forward to your posts. Like you I followed the Tiges and the Bays as a kid, and just kept at it. Hopefully the dark times are going to get a bit better for us.

willo said:
Don't be shy Rexy, tell us a bit about yourself mate. ;D
Welcome to PRE, look forward to your posts. Like you I followed the Tiges and the Bays as a kid, and just kept at it. Hopefully the dark times are going to get a bit better for us.
Forgot to mention I like long walks on the beach, quiet nights at home and am a non smoker.... ;)
Things definately looking up for SA & VIC Tigers Willo.

Merry Xmas

Welcome Rex.

Now dont talk too much sense and logic on here or you will be branded an evil naysayer. ;)

8)

rexy said:
Forgot to mention I like long walks on the beach, quiet nights at home and am a non smoker.... ;)
Things definately looking up for SA & VIC Tigers Willo.

Merry Xmas

You sound like a labrador ;D

craig said:
Welcome Rex.

Now dont talk too much sense and logic on here or you will be branded an evil naysayer. ;)
Cheers Craig.
Don't worry, no risk of sense and logic from me. :hihi
Note to self though - avoid drinking :beer & posting (which doesn't leave much time for posting!)

You had me until you told me you grew up in Elizabeth.

Just joking mae. From a fellow Bays and South Australian based tiger fan it is good to find out more about you.

Good stuff.

Shawry

shawry said:
You had me until you told me you grew up in Elizabeth.

Just joking mae. From a fellow Bays and South Australian based tiger fan it is good to find out more about you.

Good stuff.

Shawry
onya Shawry, sure there's a few Bay fans floating around PRE