Same old Story! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Same old Story!

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Same old hacks Rogers, Houlihan, Biddiscombe, and now Bowden cost us the game.

Same old poor coaching decisions from Frawley and co.

Same old turn overs that cost us.

Same old players Hyde, Rodan, Krakouer, and Dragicevic hardly got a run.

I'm sick of this same old s**t!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Spot on Cracker

Houlihan is soft, and tonight confirmed my thoughts that he is a selfish player.

Rogers has been useless in the backline and midfield, I thought if he had to play he should be up forward, but if he going to miss easy shots, there is no place for him in our side.

Biddiscombe is not up to it.

Bowden was soft again tonight, needs to play in the forward line where he can hurt teams, his sideways kicks across half back are pointless, and no value to the team. Put him at half forward where he can take a mark and kick a goal.

Hyde actually looked pretty lively tonight, took a couple of good grabs, showed some courage and commitment, should stay in the side.

Rodan, Dragicevic and Krakouer didnt do much, but spent basically the whole match on the bench, dont know how Draga will get his form back sitting on the bench, and watching the footy certainly isnt helping Krakouer and Rodan's development.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
julzqld said:
I hardly see how Danny can be blamed for the turnovers.

I didn't take crackers mention of Danny to mean that at all Julz.

The players caused the turnovers.

I questioned a few coaching moves myself but was amused by Danny's antics in the coaching box. ;D

It seemed negative having Staff, Otto, Holland and Campbell all in the back area in the last 1/4. Didn't leave a lot of height up forward to take a mark.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Kicking 6 goals for the game says it all. The commentators constantly mentioned it - "Richmonds play is too stop start, static, not enough run". When we did play on and ran and linked up we looked OK and made some sort of charge. However it was too rare. Unless we restrict teams to very low scores we are not gonna win too many games. Our scragging tactics are killing us.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Oh yeah, and by the way, Frawdudley is totally to blame for this.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
julzqld said:
I hardly see how Danny can be blamed for the turnovers.

Agree with that julz, but:

He can be blamed for our boring style of play. 6 goals is not enough. No one breaks the lines, runs past for handballs or tries to create anymore.

Until we adopt a more attacking brand of footy, we will continue to lose, plus our constant low scores do nothing for our percentage.

We must attack next week, take chances, run through the corridor, take players on, leave our men and run to receive a handball, so we can keep the ball moving, instead of stop start football we have been playing for two months. On the few occasions we did have guys running past, taking handballs and linking up last night we actually looked alright, but it didnt happen often enough.

Last night almost looked like each player was so worried about their own man getting a kick that they wouldnt go and chase anyone else. A team full of players who know that careers are on the line in 10 weeks, and more worried about stopping their own man, not helping the team.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
What happened to Kayne Johnson?

Did he get injured or was he just continuing his trend of failing badly against top 8 sides?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
He was hit hard, a couple of times to the head as well, and was tagged heavily.

His game was far from our worse, and he never stopped putting in despite the abuse he copped.

I wouldn't hold not being BOG against Kane last night.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
A few positives from me (enjoy while you can) -
Hyde showed some potential - good disposals, hardness, and at times was direct with his running. Not enough game time and the verdict is still out on him. If he gets dropped next week ahead of Rogers, Biddiscombe, Houlihan then it will be a disgrace.

Dragacevic's hard running through the lines and link play impressed me - but was given very limited time. As above if he is dropped then it also will be unjustified.

Negatives - Frawdudlys style of play he's persisting on the team.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
More positives.

* The continued improvement of Dutchy and Otto.

* Ty didn't do his knee, didn't look good and I thought the worst. He'll probably be a sore boy for a while.

* Losing didn't hurt me at all. Usually I am on a high after a win, and pretty down after a loss. This time I was just plain old me. A person can only hurt so much. Ah, glorious numbness. ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Thanks Harry.

Why is it that the players who actually do the things the rest of the Team should be doing are given little game time.

Maybe those things (running through the lines) are against team rules.

We need to give HYDE and DRAGGA time now so their positions on the list can be fairly assessed come years end.

They should certainly be getting game time ahead of the like of Rogers, Houlihan and Biddiscombe now that the season is all but shot. What harm could they do.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
gustiger12 said:
Why is it that the players who actually do the things the rest of the Team should be doing are given little game time.

Ask Danny. ::) Help I've turned into FUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
gustiger12 said:

Maybe those things (running through the lines) are against team rules.

Gus - the team rules probably are to stop, have a cup of coffee, ask for directions, and then continue with the game. I don't know - from where I'm sitting thats how they appear to be.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland

Gus - the team rules probably are to stop, have a cup of coffee, ask for directions, and then continue with the game. I don't know - from where I'm sitting thats how they appear to be.

Unfortunately that is exactly what is seemed like last night. Especially at that point when Campbo actually stoped still for what seemed quite a while, as if they were playing in the backyard.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Harry look what you have done to Rosy she has turned into a FUD....

Yet again I find myself agreeing with you Harry.

Haven't seen the game yet Harry, but certainly sounded that way on the net despite the bias commentary from the 5AA expert commentary team.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I blame the crap we watched solely at Frawley's feet.

He decides the style of play the club should follow - slow, static, stop start, boring, negative

He decides that Rogers, Houlihan, Bidders continually get a game yet continually fail

He decides to leave young guys on the bench for extended periods when they should be given as much ground time as possible.

He decides to leave young talent at Coburg to waste instead of seeing how they preform at the highest level.

Last week I said that I would bow to Greg Miller's greater knowledge but after another painful exhibition of Frawley ruining a game of footy with his shithouse tactics, I will now firmly state that I Danny Frawley has to go, and for this to happen, we will need to lose about 9-10 in a row this year.

When is it ever going to be enough to realise that change is required ???

Maltese_Tiger

Glory Days Again
Feb 11, 2003
Australia
I have been reading on this forum the pros and cons for our coach Danny Frawley and I believe that some of the comments are personally degrading when he is being criticised, but when the comments are of support these comments are overlooking the efffect he has had on this team.

I believe that the RFC game plan is to minimise the loss, that we dont get blown out of the water. This reflects the negative style of play and the stop-start game plan that we have adopted over the last few years.

Only agaist Essendon and Hawthorn have we shown that we can play attractive and offensive football.

I hope that we again start to take risks and back ourselves that we can match it with any team.

Danny has had four years to install his game plan and I for one cannot see any great improvement. I believe Danny is a gentleman, but unfortunately he will not lead the RFC out of the gloom if he persists with this style of play. We as a club should not be hijacked by the notion that we should not sack our coach because of past history.

If we believe that the time has come we should act accordingly and insure that we get the right person to make the hard decisions. i know that Danny was hamstrung at the beginning of his contract, but he has had more support than any other coach who has been at Tigerland over the last two decades.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Well summed up MT.

Danny has made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

All his problems are of his own doing. And with the support he has in place, 4 years is long enough to set the club in a direction. He has set the club in a direction, however "oblivion" was not the destination we all hoped for.

If you ask any coach, they would agree to a man, that 2 years of abysmal performance which includes 2 losing streaks of 9 weeks and 6(more to come) would result in the termination of employment with right justification.

Richmond, please realise the Danny just isn't the man for the job, and we can't afford to waste another year with this guy in charge. The club can't afford it, and it will years before we can get back lost ground.