Samsung clipboard crash | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samsung clipboard crash

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Just writing to vent my spleen. I got a present of a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 last Christmas. My wife's a champ. I love a bit of tech so I have enjoyed it and most of my posts from the last few months have been coming from it. But today everything changed. Every time I tried to call up the keyboard the app would crash (it is a tablet so the keyboard is on the screen, not a separate bit of tech). I started researching and it turns out this has been going on on many Samsung devices since last June and they stopped responding to further info around Dec. Once it happens the device becomes effectively unusable as any attempt to use the keyboard or to copy anything crashes what ever app you were using. A bit more research revealed that the problem comes from a folder hidden from users by Samsung. A system folder. The only way to access the folder is to "root" the device, a bit like jail-breaking it. It lets you see and manipulate system folders, which can be dangerous. This voids the warranty obviously, however the last update (and they seem not to be interested in releasing any more so there will be no fix for the issue) removes the access to this folder so even "rooting" doesn't work. That leaves "factory reset" which wipes everything, and I mean everything. So disappointed I have 6 months worth of stuff on there. I have backed it up as much the software will let me so here's hoping.

Rant out!

Cheers. Restore is done, now the long slow task of finding out what I've lost and re-registering accounts etc. All my apps are gone, can't believe the back-up system doesn't save the account data.

KnightersRevenge said:
Cheers. Restore is done, now the long slow task of finding out what I've lost and re-registering accounts etc. All my apps are gone, can't believe the back-up system doesn't save the account data.

sorry to hear man but i wish i read this earlier. there's an app called titanium that backs up apps and user data and i swear by it on all my rooted android devices

LidsBling&Cotch said:
sorry to hear man but i wish i read this earlier. there's an app called titanium that backs up apps and user data and i swear by it on all my rooted android devices

Thanks for that mate I will have to get a windows system so that I can root it with ODIN, as soon as I do I'll get hold of titanium.