Save Our Skins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Save Our Skins

TIGEREXTRA

Tiger Legend
Jun 20, 2004
Melbourne
The guy who does headliners on Fox footy said last week on sen that they are sceduled to do a show on the save our skins times at richmond.

That would be great to watch, but who knows now if it will happen with fox footy being given the boot.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rMs4jS1T4[/youtube]

A reminder of how we saved our club. Pride in how we rallied, a few goose-bumps and a KB handball. I hope some of the younger PREnders enjoy this snippet of our history.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
rosy23 said:

A reminder of how we saved our club. Pride in how we rallied, a few goose-bumps and a KB handball. I hope some of the younger PREnders enjoy this snippet of our history.

Great clip Rosy.

Inspirational. Maybe you should stick a link on the FTF donation thread.

I still have my certificate signed by the great Royce Hart for the money I donated to the SOS call.

Tommo37

Tiger Superstar
Aug 16, 2011
Remember going to the legends game at wingy hill and the place was packed solid, Rex was on commentry and the tiger legends won the game.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
rosy23 said:

Thanks for that Rosy. :clap :clap

It is always good to remember where we have been so we can appreciate where we are headed.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
I still have a bottle of Save Our Skins Richmond Lager that I salvaged from the old Social Club Stand, days before it was pulled down.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Phantom said:
I still have a bottle of Save Our Skins Richmond Lager that I salvaged from the old Social Club Stand, days before it was pulled down.

I have two bottles of Kevin Bartlett Port.

We should get together for a *smile*-up

JB11

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2012
Tommo37 said:
Remember going to the legends game at wingy hill and the place was packed solid, Rex was on commentry and the tiger legends won the game.

rex had everyone in stiches

ozmadman

Thanks Cogs
Jun 2, 2007
rosy23 said:

That was brilliant Rosy! Thanks for the memories.
I might be too young to remember the premierships of the early 70s, but I remember watching the 1980 GF at my mates house with every male in his family a Richmond supporter, and every female a Collingwood supporter. What a great day.

I feel sorry for the 7 yr old boy in the clip - he would have been born after our last GF appearance and been so full of hope in 1990.

Thanks again Rosy - may we see the glory days again SOON!

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Will never forget that Legends Game at Windy Hill. My wife was at the time my Danish girlfriend on her first visit to Australia. On the morning of the game, my brother rings me up and suggests we go and that a nice day sitting on a blanket on the grass at Windy Hill might be the best way to introduce her to the sport.

Yeah right! Sitting on the grass on a blanket!!!

Standing room only it was. I couldn't believe it.

In hindsight it's a wonder we ever got married after that afternoon.