SC/Draft PRE-season Cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SC/Draft PRE-season Cup

Maxwell

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2003
Melbourne
Preseason Competiton

Draw will be based on Draft Order.

Week One

Game 1: 1 vs 2 - Taraba's Tigers vs The Six Packers
Game 2: 3 vs 4 - Max's Marvels vs Much ToO Good
Game 3: 5 vs 6 - Tannerz vs U2 Tigers Edge
Game 4: 7 vs 8 - Pharaway The Best vs Kiwi Tigs
Game 5: 9 vs 10 - H Tiger vs Madcow United
Game 6: 11 vs 12 - Skiptomy vs Caged Flotsam Jetsam
Game 7: 13 vs 14 - Tigermad vs MAV'S FLANKERS
Game 8: 15 vs 16 - Jimbler's Jokers vs Panthera's Tigers

Week Two:

Game 9: Winner G1 vs Winner G8
Game 10: Winner G2 vs Winner G7
Game 11: Winner G3 vs Winner G6
Game 12: Winner G4 vs Winner G5

Week Three - Semi Final:

Game 13: Winner G9 vs Winner G12
Game 14: Winner G10 vs Winner G11

Week Four - Grand Final:

Game 13: Winner G13 vs Winner G14

Rules:
  • Please keep all comments / discussion on The SC/DRAFT 2008 - discussion thread
  • Rules are as per the H&A Season
  • Team with the highest score from the round wins the game
  • If someone from each game could post the result on this thread I would appreciate it
  • Anyone telling players not to kick a goal will be investigated - unless they have more than 5 Carlton players on their list - This wil lbe known as the Pratt Exception
  • If anyone can think of any special rules for the PRE-season Cup please post suggestions on The SC/DRAFT 2008 - discussion thread

Six Pack said:

As the league does not start until week four, the first three weeks do not count for anything. I thought it would be fun to have our own PREseason cup during this time.

The idea is to have a NAB like pre-season knockout cup for the first 4 rounds (1 round overlap) - and I will adminstrate.

Hope that makes it clearer

Six Pack said:
wheres my dunces hat?

why doesnt it start till round 4?

teams are scored, however the league/ playing each other doesn't start to week 4.

Just the way it is, probably to coincide to finish rd 22.

Six Pack said:
wheres my dunces hat?

why doesnt it start till round 4?

People being what they are - mostly late, it allows for the biggest enrolment of players possible I guess.

As a player/coach, your team still scores points each of Rounds 1-3, and you will notice this will be kept track of by SC throughout the season, even though the Premiership season starts Round 4. It's kinda like to comps in one.

My advice for the first three rounds 6Pack is to try and get your list so that it has at least 22 players that get listed each week - tough ask really, when we are all striving for that - for player you have extra above 22 - someone else will miss out ;)

Week One Results

Game 1: 1 vs 2 - Taraba's Tigers (1564) vs The Six Packers (1406)
Game 2: 3 vs 4 - Max's Marvels (1776) vs Much ToO Good (1542)
Game 3: 5 vs 6 - Tannerz (1431) vs U2 Tigers Edge (1484)
Game 4: 7 vs 8 - Pharaway The Best (1518) vs Kiwi Tigs (1240)
Game 5: 9 vs 10 - H Tiger (1653) vs Madcow United (1329)
Game 6: 11 vs 12 - Skip's Stars (1750) vs Caged Flotsam Jetsam (1284)
Game 7: 13 vs 14 - Tigermad (1777) vs MAV'S FLANKERS (1504)
Game 8: 15 vs 16 - Jimbler's Jokers (1690) vs Panthera's Tigers (1623)

Looks like the home ground advantage was just too much :hihi

Week Two:

Game 9: Taraba's Tigers vs Jimbler's Jokers
Game 10: Max's Marvels vs Tigermad
Game 11: U2 Tigers Edge vs Skip's Stars
Game 12: Pharaway The Best vs H Tiger

Top 2 scoring teams last week playing each other this week. Only one point seperated them last week.

Panthera's was unlucky - his losing score would have beaten three other winners :eek:, myself included :hihi

pharace said:
Panthera's was unlucky - his losing score would have beaten three other winners :eek:, myself included :hihi

I have a feeling that will be my highest score for the season.

Week Two Results:

Game 9: Taraba's Tigers 1,488 vs Jimbler's Jokers 1,611
Game 10: Max's Marvels 1,643 vs Tigermad 1,766
Game 11: U2 Tigers Edge 1,894 vs Skip's Stars 1,630
Game 12: Pharaway The Best 1,658 vs H Tiger 1,919

Jimbler very lucky to get through with the 7th lowest score. That's what a knock out cup is all about though.

Week Three - Semi Final:

Game 13: Jimbler's Jokers vs H Tiger
Game 14: Tigermad vs U2 Tigers Edge

I saw my score and thought I'd lost. I didn't get to watch ANY games as I have family staying with me all week for a wedding next Saturday. :help

Me and the Jimbler can't get away from each other this week I've got him in Ultimate footy as well :eek: (which I am getting a spanking in :-[).

1 Mid & probably 1 forward down this week.

H tiger said:
Me and the Jimbler can't get away from each other this week I've got him in Ultimate footy as well :eek: (which I am getting a spanking in :-[).

1 Mid & probably 1 forward down this week.

You've got me covered this week mate. I'm down at least a couple of defenders and forwards. I'll need a massive score out of my captain and for yours to score very little. Ultimate Footy should be close.....