Scanner problems | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Scanner problems

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Can anyone help me my scanner seems to think it is processing a job and I cant find out how to clear that job.
So faf I have tried to send the file to a different location... that failed... tried to start a new scan.. that failed because it said it still has a job to do or is busy...
i tried un installing the scanner software and re installing it.... still it has this job stuck in its head.Then I tried the trump card in my technical knowledge arsenal and tried pulling out the plug and then putting it back in again.... this also failed :(
I dont know much about computers but surely there is a way to 'purge' scanner documents printer style??
Any suggestions bar updating this old beast would be appreciated.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I'm more familar with printers than scanners TD but are you able to view a queue and job ID number and is there a "kill" command - kill job ID?

Do you have an little LCD screen and buttons on the scanner itself? If so then there may be a kill process selection somewhere in the menu.

Alternatively does the problem process show up when you press CTRL-ALT-DEL together? If it does you can select it then press END TASK.

Switching soemthing on and off is part of my technical knowledge...;D...so don't feel to pbad TD. That normally works with printers as it clears the printer's cache. Obviosuly not with scanners :-/.

A

admin

I can't help Td, but when I have problems like that I'm straight on the phone to tech support. My bits and pieces are all Hewlett Packard and I find both them and Microsoft extremely helpful.
I've had trouble today with my cd copier....kept having an error message that I could only get rid of by pulling the pin.
I put the cd and and did the repair option. No go...I downloaded an update for it that took over 2 hours.No go......Then I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's a goer again. (Not much help to you though am I, ha ;D)

Anyway what I was wondering, speaking of scanners, is if anyone here has a printer/scanner/fax/photocopier in one.
Both my printer and scanner are about history, and I was wondering about replacing them with an all in one machine, then I wondered if 1 component carked it would I lose the lot?

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Thanks for those ideas MT and Rosy! However it's still giving me grief so Rosy I was wondering if you would be able to give me the number you call for help as mine is HP gear also.
Cheers

A

admin

I haven't contacted HP for ages.....since I talked them into giving me a full refund for a 12 month old computer that was nothing but trouble.
I had to look the number up. I think it's 131347.
Good luck. :)