Schulz and Pettifer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Schulz and Pettifer

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
In front of a crowd of 7000 at Bellerive Oval in Hobart, Tasmania had a 38-point win over Coburg Tigers to leave the Devils half a game out of the eight. Tasmania won 21.10 (136) to 15.8 (98), with Jason Heatley kicking five goals. Jay *smile* kicked four goals for the Tigers, but Kayne Pettifer was reported twice.

(from Realfooty)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Definitely guilty. Rub him out for a season and a half until his contract expires. ;D

From the HeraldSun

Kayne Pettifer faces a big night at the VFL Tribunal this week after he was reported twice during the Coburg Tigers loss to Tasmania.

Pettifer was booked for pushing Tasmania's Shane Wager during the second quarter of the match, which the Tigers lost by 38 points.

He was also reported by another umpire for striking Wager in the same quarter.

Former St Kilda forward Jason Heatley kicked five goals for Tasmania, while Jamie Cann and Ben Beams chipped in with four each.

Richmond midfielder Justin Blumfield, on the comeback trail from injury, kicked three goals for the Tigers.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Actually I heard he was charged with pushing Shane Wager off the swings at playtime and then struck him because he said he was going to tell his Mum! ;D
I hope he gets six weeks at Guantanamo Bay! That might toughen him up a little. I can just hear one of the guards saying "you're my little puppy now!"

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
With our season totally shot to pieces, surely Shulz will not only get a game against Geelong but significant ground time as well?

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Pettifer :p the actions of a doomed man.

What a little tool he is. If he put as much effort into getting the ball as he does spitting the dummy and belting blokes, he would be a star.

Goodbye Kayne, and may you enjoy your career in the bush ;)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I can hear Danny right now after our seventh straight loss. "yeah, nah look, the loss of pettifer really hurt us today. You just can't replace guys like that"

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Reported for pushing??

I'm guessing that means he pushed someone into the fence, again.

As for Schulz, with Hall and Gaspar out, he should be in the team, and getting considerable game time. The season is shot, and we can give Schulz 8 games, giving him a foundation to build from for next year.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
DF, there you go being all logical and forward thinking again.

The excuses will include being too top heavy, already enough tall forwards, don't want to rush the young fella...on and on it will go, yet they will persist with non contributing hacks like Rogers, Houlihan and Bidders, and when they do replace them, in will come King, Vardy.

The US Army has smart bombs that they drop down an Iraqi chimney from a height of 10,000 ft, surely thay have some spare ones they can drop on Spud when he is wandering around Punt Rd and do us all a favour. He could be classified as a Weapon of Mass Destruction..he has destroyed Richmond..

P

PuntRoadRoar

Expect Frawley to swing the axe this week!!!!!!!!!

Coburg Tigers - Goals: *smile* 4, Blumfield 3, Flaherty 2 Talbot, Gieschen, Pettifer, McGrath, Fiora, Hilton.

Best: *smile*, King, Vardy, Steinfort.

In: King,Vardy,Steinfort

Out: Dragicevic,Krakouer, Rodan

Well done spud, we would never have guessed....... :eek:

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Shawry, that is the problem. Shulz clearly deserves a go.
King gets 12 kicks, all which go 35 meters each, and he gets picked for the ones again. Plays in the ones, doesn't get near it, gets dropped with Frawley bemoaning King's lack of form and contribution, and that a run back at Coburg will do him the world of good..blah... blah... blah...

It is time to bite the bullet and give Jay a go. Why not give the kid a taste of what is required to be a top line AFL player. And if Spud picked Jay and gave him some game time and we lost, we wouldn't mind so much as he trying the young guys out, but when he picks King again, and he fails again, we all get the bib and bits and call for Danny's head.

That is the whole point, Danny isn't trying to develop anything, he just appears to be content to rotate thru the same old hacks who always fail to contribute.

PS Steinfort isn't on the tiges list..

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I disagree i know that rushing guys to a level they are not ready for does ruin their confidence and stunt their development. It happened to me with cricket and i went from being an arrogant little *smile* to being put into place on performance. Sad part was i would go back to the B grade and then even though i was the hardest trainer whatever i was rushed and they felt i did not have what it takes even though i continued to dominate at a lower level.

Being judged on those early games when i jsut wasnt ready was unfair and did stunt my development adn shattered my confidence.

Thsi is why i am so anti bringing up blokes that arent considered ready.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Agree with that Shawry, but still feel that Jay should be given a taste of AFL footy during the next eight losses, i mean weeks.

Coming off a BOG with 4 goals, he would be confident, and it may be a good chance to give him a crack. Geelong dont have alot of good defenders, so we could sit him in a pocket, or play him on one of Geelongs younger forwards, McCarthy or Johnson. Even a run in the ruck when Geelong rest King.

Against a young team this week, and on the back of a good game, he should be given a chance.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Fair point Shawry,

But for a week or two, it could only be good for Jay to experience what it is all about, the speed of the game, the fitness and strength required etc... then next year after a full pre season Jay will be ready to make some serious in roads to becoming a permanent ones player.

You can only learn so much at lesser levels as you have clearly experienced, as did I in my chosen sport back a few years ago, and the only way to improve is to have a crack at the higher level and learn from it and work harder at training.

Give Jay a go I say ;)....gotta be more beneficial than rolling out King or Vardy for another unproductive afternoon..

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
King is too deficient in to many areas to be worth persisting with. VARDY is okay as a back up tall, but why not try someone new like *smile*. Bet Lethal would give him a go or for that matter SHEEDS.

Anyone got any drum on how Blumfield performed. I see he got 3 goals, so even if lacking match fitness could be worth a run on the HFF or elsewhere in the forward line. ovbviously could have used some goal kickers on Saturday night.