Selected Team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected Team

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Backs: D. Kellaway A. Kellaway C. Newman
Half Backs: L. Cameron T. Zantuck M. Chaffey
Centre: G. Tivendale K. Johnson J. Bowden
Half Forwards: A. Fiora B. Ottens R. Hall
Forwards: A. Krakouer M. Richardson A. Houlihan
Followers: D. Rodan, M. Coughlan, G. Stafford
Interchange: M. Rogers, T. Fleming, K. Pettifer, C. Biddiscombe
Emergency: R. Hilton, C. King, B. Holland

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Where are the 5 changes that the clown mentioned last Friday night? I can only see 3.
I guess those duds at Punt Road will have a press release about Duncan's return. They really live in a world of mediocrity.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
I don't like to feel good about seeing a player dropped but Hilton's form has been enough to make a grown man weep! He still looks like a pup playing his first game. Do wonder though if he'll come in for Johnson or Fiora who were both injured.

We're a better side without King. I admire the lad, but Friday night in the last quarter he got right under a kick in the centre square that was very costly. Does anyone else remember it? Any other player in the side, including Rogers, would have pumped it inside 50.

Surprised to see Dunc back. I can think of a couple of happy campers on this board. Cheers.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
"wholesale changes" means 3 in 3 out does it??

Johnson won't play so either Holland will or Rory or Kingy :( Sit Dutchy on the pine the other 2 guys MUST play for Coburg, more particularly Hilts!

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Why owuldnt either Holland or Vardy come in for Gaspar that does surprsie me. althoguh i doubt Johnson wil lplay so perhaps holland still will get a berth. good to see pettifer back and i hope Dunc goes ok. The time at Coburg wil ldo Rory good.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Hungry said:
We're a better side without King. I admire the lad, but Friday night in the last quarter he got right under a kick in the centre square that was very costly. Does anyone else remember it? Any other player in the side, including Rogers, would have pumped it inside 50.

Yes I now the exact incident you are talking about Hungry - I mentioned it in my round 11 votes. Very costly indeed.

I am glad to see Rory (for Rory's sake) go back to Coburg. So down on confidence it aint funny

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Gee, that axe has been swung hasnt it

In - D Kellaway, Pettifer, Biddiscombe

Out - King, Gaspar, Hilton

Johnson wont play, so one of those emergencies will come back in anyway.

This isnt Duncan bashing Rosy, because our options are limited, but he couldnt run out a game for Coburg on the weekend, so he should not have been brought back yet. There are no suitable matchups against Carlton for him anyway, all their midfielders are quickish.

Obviously we arent concerned about tackling Whitnall, Fevola, McKernan and Co. without Gaspar, as i cant see a replacement for him.

Surely Vardy deserves a chance, he really did nothing wrong during his games in the seniors this year, and I find it hard to see why he cant get a game in our current line up, even as a back up tall on the bench.

Anyway, good to see some new faces getting a go, we really know how to blood our youngsters.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
By the way, get ready for a story at richmondfc.com.au tomorrow about how wonderful it is that Duncan is back, about him adding hardness etc etc

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
What's going on? No Miller and no Campbo. :eek:

And where the heck is Vardy? :mad:

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
In their defence, there aren't enough fit players to swing the axe.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Hungry said:
In their defence, there aren't enough fit players to swing the axe.

That's the situation the Club has created for itself Hungry. When we had the opportunity to play younger players and give players who needed to recapture form time at Coburg, we didn't take the opportunity.

Now, we have injuries, players out of form and no one to replace them.

We get what we deserve.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
MC24: There is no point bring ing in young kids and shattering their confidence. If htis occurs in a few years we wil lbe exactly like we are with Fiora, Pettifer etc with those kids and no doubt blaming the fact we brought them in too early or saying they are nto god enough. Why bring kids in when they are not ready, it can only shatter their confidence. Trust me it happens at all sports and i am tlaking from experience.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
In - D Kellaway, Pettifer, Biddiscombe
Out - King, Gaspar, Hilton

I'm not unhappy with those changes consdering the choice we had due to injuries. Gas was forced and King and Rory needed to go back to Coburg. Both were doing bugger all in the seniors. Any more than 3 changes unbalances a side imo.
Surprised Vardy wasn't picked although it's going to be rain, hail and 13 degrees on Saturday. Not conditions to suit talls. Will most likely suit the likes of Fleming and Duncan (if fit) to a tea.
Expect Fiora to play but I thought Dutchy was closer to playing than either Johnson or Duncan. Guess we'll find out at tomorrow's training session. Vardy can still come into the side even if he's not listed as an emergency as long as we notify the league.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Sometimes Shawry, it is worthwhile giving a young bloke a go just to let them experience what it is all about and what is required for them to become a good ones player.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Rampagin Richo: I agre as long as they have the personality to handle it and it isnt for a nextended period of time (unless of course they do show form, i do not suggest all will falter). ie long enough for them to totally lose belief in themselves.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
shawry said:
Why bring kids in when they are not ready, it can only shatter their confidence. Trust me it happens at all sports and i am tlaking from experience.

I trust your experience and better judgement shawry. If they are just not up to it that is one thing. But why, in a crisis, do we go to players and say, we need you to be a braveheart and come save our Club? This is it, sink or swim.

Surely the Club is there to help players through whatever experiences they have? Isn't that why they are there? This is a school for learning about football and also about life right? Or am I sadly mistaken?

There will be highs and there will be lows, but as Jason McCartney knows, with the right support, you can get through anything.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
And then you wonder why I bag Tony Shaw's apprentice.

3 duds in - 3 duds that have no future at RFC while untried talent in schulz is rotting in the reserves. Don't feed me this undeveloped crap because as FUD once said we must have a different batch of youngsters than all the other 15 clubs who continuosly blood in 18 year olds who are much less physically developed than schulz.

Roll up roll up - get them fast - the tickets to the "sack the spud" bandwagon are running out fast.

And Danny brings Pettifer and Biddiscombe into his office -"Boys I beleive you got near the ball on a few occassions for Coburg over the past couple of weeks and I'm gonna give you guys another chance in the big time. I really beleive you boys are what we have been lacking in the past 3 weeks". WTF. ;D