Selected Teams | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected Teams

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Backs: C. Newman D. Gaspar A. Fiora
Half Backs: T. Zantuck A. Kellaway M. Chaffey
Centre: K. Johnson W. Campbell L. Cameron
Half Forwards: G. Tivendale M. Richardson A. Krakouer
Forwards: R. Vardy R. Hilton D. Rodan
Followers: M. Coughlan, J. Bowden, G. Stafford
Interchange: M. Rogers, K. Pettifer, T. Fleming, A. Houlihan
Emergency: C. Biddiscombe, C. King, R. Hall

In: Campo, Houlihan
Out: King, Bidders

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Hall being picked as an emergency can mean one of two things:

1. Staff is in pretty big doubt but we dont want to be top heavy, with Greg, Ray and Royce against a hard running team.

2. Ray is still a week off, but he may need to play with a bit of an injury should Staff not come up.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
coughs vs gardiner[who said white men cant jump] ;D
staff vs cousins.[feels a fleming type hit coming on] ;D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
Hall being picked as an emergency can mean one of two things:

1. Staff is in pretty big doubt but we dont want to be top heavy, with Greg, Ray and Royce against a hard running team.

2. Ray is still a week off, but he may need to play with a bit of an injury should Staff not come up.

Danny has said before he won't play injured players but I have to say I did think the same thing, DF.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
maybe subi,s history with knees and staff,s "near miss"last week might sway the decision.
would rather lose staff for one week than the rest of the season.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The teams looking better and better. This will show us where we're at. A win or a fighting and respectable close loss will go a long way. Hoping we don't get thrashed and drop our heads - as it hasn't happened all year.

Keys to this game IMO -

Keeping that slippery weasle matera quiet - I say put Newman on him.

Staff neutralising gardner at the hit outs - I think is possible. Hoping Staff is fit.

Breaking even with their midfield. Big games from Johnson, Coughlan and Campbell needed to beat cousins, judd and kerr.

If we can do the above effectively then we can win because our deffence is better than theirs and our forward line looks more potent with richo finding form.

Oh yeah, another thing - keep Pettifer and Rogers on the bench - the whole game ;D

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I agree Harry, the team is looking better and better but:

a). How fit is Campbell and Stafford? From what I hear Campbell nearly missed again indicating he's not 100%

b). Rumor has it Staff won't play - apparantly he's knee is still swallen and he can't even walk properly, let alone leap and run freely.

If these 2 blokes are injured/late exclusions, our chances of even coming close to those weagles are minimal. In saying that, the Tiges have surprised me a couple of times this season so here's hoping another surprise is roughly 40 hours away.

IMO, I would have left Pettiffer and Fleming out before King and Biddiscum. Fleming has shown nothing since the Freo game and 'I would have thought' Biddiscum, even though he played average last week, has more to offer the side than Fleming at this stage.

As for KP, not much needs to be said but if he can get 20 mins or less playing time and kick 2 goals, I'll applaud Spuds decision to keep him instead of King.

I say put my lover (Newman) on Judd - firstly coz he looks to have the stamina to keep up with him all day. Maybe start one of our on-ballers on Judd initially, then let Newman go to him as a run with player. Judd will take Newman all over the ground which could work well for us as Newman IMO is in the top 10% as far as accurate disposal goes and playing him on the ball should net Newmo nemerous possie's dishing handballs and deft kicks out to the likes of Tivvas and Bowden.

Alternatively, hope that Dudley instructs the Flamengo to do a Byron Picket on Judd in the first 30 seconds - not much else we do otherwise.

As for the receeding 24yo Matera, put Chaff on him for a while. I reckon with Chaff's fitness, run and precise disposals, he may be able to run him up the ground to keep the little runt out of the pockets where he's most damaging - make him think about Chaffey's game instead (IMO Chaff's in All Australian form).

The Richo/Staff, defence and midfield factor will detirmine our fate in the first quarter and a half - they stand up early, the Tiges will go on to victory at Subi!!!

Go the *smile* Tiger!!!

8)