september 11 - 2 yrs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

september 11 - 2 yrs

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
tomorrow it will be two years since the world trade center terrorist attacks. we will always remember the tragic events that happened 2 years ago.

united we stand

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Dear Cogs, It is also 20 years to the day since the U.S. installed the military Junta in Chile , overthrowing a democratically elected government and bringing about the murder of twice as many people as the WTC. They then sat back and watched while thousands more were tortured and imprisoned or dissappeared. Are we united with that too.

I could go on about the millions of others , who have died and are still dying, as a direct result of US Policy, and our cowardly support of it.

The wtc was a terrible crime , but it pales compared to most of the barbarities we have supported. The US supported and supplied Saddam Hussein to attack Iran, gave them the chemical weapons. Millions died. They trained and supplied Ossama Bin Laden. In the first Gulf war they called on the Shites and Kurds to rise up against Hussein and then when their ends were met supplied him with helicopters to put them down.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and I dont mean to preach , but there is a lot more to the truth of history than our tabloids and nightly news tell us.

Lets all unite against lies and hypocrisy in this truely Orwellian world we find ourselves in

best wishes
Omarkum

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hadn't noticed this until now. Just want to send a rememberence to the thousands of innocent Iraqi soldiers who while defending their homeland were slaughtered by the US monster during its act of an unjustified and illegal war. A war whose only purpose was for middle east strategic purposes and liquid gold, and a war that coward howard inscribed our names onto.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
harry- i agree the iraq war was for some strategic purposes or oil. i don't accept the war was fought for human rights as is lately claimed by howard

if the u.s & howard cared for human rights in iraq, then surely they would have toppled saddam in '91 or invaded in the late '80s when hussein gased the kurds.

indeed, if the u.s (and australia) have now set their sights on invading in the name of human rights then i wonder how long before we take on china (surely one of the world's most flagrant abusers of human rights) and invade zimbabwe to depose mugabe......

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Lets face it, the world is going to hell in a hand basket.
All we can do is look after our own little patch and make the best of it while we are in this mortal coil. I don't know if any of you have Seen the Movie "Bowling for Columbine" but it raises some very interesting points about US paranoia stemming back to their origins and how violence and fear are hyped up by the media all in the name of ratings. It's fear people...fear that drives the human race to do some pretty ridiculous things. Fear of our fellow man.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I loved Bowling For Columbine. It reminded me how fortunate I am to be an Aussie and not a Yank.

For all the over reaction with the gun laws here it's a lot better option than in America where anyone can buy guns and ammo in convenience stores. Unbelievable. ::)

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Wasn't it interesting Rosy when they mentioned the fact that Canada has over 12 million gun owners and has hardly any deaths or violent crime by guns each year compared to the US. I loved the comparison between the US and canadian cities only just across the river from each other.

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
tiga said:
Wasn't it interesting Rosy when they mentioned the fact that Canada has over 12 million gun owners and has hardly any deaths or violent crime by guns each year compared to the US. I loved the comparison between the US and canadian cities only just across the river from each other.
Just goes to show that the problem is cultural, although if you can't access a gun, then you can't use them!! Mike Moore has also released series 1 of his show "The Awful Truth", on DVD. A real eye-opener. In one segment Mike sets up a wallet exchange (Hands out Flouro orange wallets) in response to an African American guy being shot over 40 times by off-duty policemen, because he took his wallet out of his pocket (they claim that they thought it was a gun). Policemen were acquitted!! Other African Americans had been shot for holding; keys, spatula, chocolate bar, phone.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I watched Bowling for Columbine just last weekend. I watched it as part of my revision for media studies as we had looked at the shooting at Columbine as part of the topic media influence. I enjoyed it but I was shocked at some of the attitudes of people over there. I can't believe they can buy ammo from kmart, or at the start of the movie how he took out a loan and got a gun with it.