Snippets - The Pulse in the H/Sun Friday | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Snippets - The Pulse in the H/Sun Friday

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Notice in today's "the Pulse" in the HS that there is a tiny snippet regarding the Tigers and Coburg.

It says that the Tigers will probably end it association with the Coburg and field a stand alone team in the VFL.

Can say that Ian Campbell mentioned at yesterday's THC luncheon that the Tigers were looking at bringing back footy to Punt Road.

Great stuff I reckon.

Congrats to Bulluss - for alerting us to this Coburg thing

In one of yesterdays papers there was a small story on Carlton pulling out from the Bullants, the gist of it was that the VFL presidents weren't happy at all and will do everything in their power to stop Carlton fielding a stand alone side. I doubt they have the power but it will be interesting to see how they react if the Tigers take the same stance. I'd love to see footy back at Punt Road but only if it is in the best interests of long term sustainable success at AFL level.

I agree RFC not KFC - but I think in the interest of the RFC a stand alone team is the better option. One of the reasons we originally aligned with Coburg was financial.

But I think now the Club realises they can generate more $$ if they have their own team that the fans can relate too. Utislising Punt Road Oval - is the way to do it IMO

And just a thought maybe one of these new sponsors that have been acquired have been given "major sponsor" rights - don't know but....

However I did hear someone of talk back a couple of days ago suggest that Carlton would only be granted a VFL division 2 license becaue the VFL Presidents were demanding it.

I suggest you read Phil Cleary's column in Football Weekly. Phil wrote that the tigers were concerned about Coburgs internal problems but Phil believes these have been sorted out.

As for Punt Rd being used next year, there is a problem in that the ground ATM doesn't meet VFL standards in regards to space between the fence and boundry line and other safety issues.

I read that to be that Richmond/Coburg would continue next year.

On Regional ABC early in the week, they were talking about the Bombers pulling out of Bendigo, that it had only been a one-year trial, and there was every likelihood of them (Essendon) going in with Coburg, even the similarity of the Bomber & Coburg jumpers were mentioned. With the Great Man's funeral going on, it slipped my mind to post it.