SOCIAL NOTES THE RFC AUCTION 2003 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SOCIAL NOTES THE RFC AUCTION 2003

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
On the road again - another RFC social function and there I was with my handsome hubby on my arm :D.

The venue this time was the Crown Palladium Ballroom. Now I have never been to one of these functions. But this year I thought what the hell. Besides the Credit Cards were looking healthy so what harm could there possibly be ;). Plenty.... but I'll get to that in a minute.

All the players were there bar a couple who were excused for various reasons. Even our wonderful, victorious coach was excused because he had gone home to be inducted into the Bungereeeeeeee Hall of Fame (could that be the baked potatoe club ;D).

Must say it was a great night. Though I will admit at about 2.55pm Sat. 26/4/03 I thought it was going to be a shocking night.

You know there is no better way to get people to open their wallets & purses than after a great victory.

There was a slient auction of some 200+ items. ranging from the small (A family voucher for a MCG tour) to the reallt expensive (fancy pearls).

For the main auction there were 35 items. From a brand new Mercedes Benz "C" Class Coupe (how did they get it into the ballroom) to one of Flea Weigthman's Big V Jumpers.

A day in the Coaches Box for the Essendon game went for $6000. Another day in the Coaches box for the Collingwood game went for $5100.

A Tigerzone birthday party hosted by the King of the Kids - David Rodan went for $2000+ (value $3500).

A backyard blitz where Richo and Cambo plus a few other players "landscape" your backyard went for $2600.

I could go on on and on.

So did I buy anything - yes I did - thank goodness for Credit Cards.

I am now the proud owner of number 1 of limited edition of 500 Richardsons Print - Richo and Bull in full flight. It's signed and I even got my photo taken with Richo (jealous anyone).

Plus I went crazy and won a "week at Tigerland" - in the Inner Sanctum. Which inclludes amongst other things lunch with the Pres, Greg Miller and all the coaches.. if I can't get Matt Shir on the senior list now I never will ;)

As I said it was great night.... did I mention I am now broke :-\

But who cares ;) ;)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Thanks for that wrap KL. Sounds like someone had a great time. Ha...our very own aristocrat...only gagging ;).

Koalalill said:
A day in the Coaches Box for the Essendon game went for $6000.
Diggler must have picked that one up ;D.

A backyard blitz where Richo and Cambo plus a few other players "landscape" your backyard went for $2600.
Just tell them to keep away from ladders :-\.

Plus I went crazy and won a "week at Tigerland" - in the Inner Sanctum. Which includes amongst other things lunch with the Pres, Greg Miller and all the coaches..
If they need any tips, they're all here at Punt Road End ;D.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
julzqld said:
Koalalill said:
I even got my photo taken with Richo (jealous anyone).

Yep

Now Julz I don't want you to feel worse but..... gee he is just a lovely bloke and so tall. But never fear my handsome hubby was keeping an eye on proceedings ;)

He kept thanking me for buying the print. Just seems nothing is ever too much trouble for Richo when it comes to the RFC. Great bloke

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
mightytiges said:
A day in the Coaches Box for the Essendon game went for $6000.
Diggler must have picked that one up ;D.

Funny you mention that MT - one of the guests at the dinner had a bidder for that item on his mobile phone. I was suspicious when they offered $5. I thought that's gotta be Diggles or FuD. When it hit $2000 I thought "nah impossible" ;D

As for being an aristocrat - :D I am thinking of asking for my fellow PRE posters to take up a collection to help me pay for my "goodies".

Richos_gal

Tiger Cub
Feb 9, 2003
Melb
Does this auction have anything to do with this whole Daffy shenanigans thing I saw on TV last night? Apparantly he auctioned off the game ball from his last game for the tiges and although it was sold Daffy wants it back.
Btw, do we get to see the pic of you and richo KL?

KittKatt

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
Yep, I'm jealous too!

It's always good to see a passionate fan getting the goods...well done!

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Richos_gal said:
Does this auction have anything to do with this whole Daffy shenanigans thing I saw on TV last night? Apparantly he auctioned off the game ball from his last game for the tiges and although it was sold Daffy wants it back.
Btw, do we get to see the pic of you and richo KL?

No this auction had nothing to do with the Daffy saga. The Clubs major fundraiser. I reckon they made about $250,000+.

As for the picture...hmmmm.... that depends on how it turns out (in other words how I look rather than how Richo looks) ;)