South Aust in lock down .. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

South Aust in lock down ..

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
In a previous post I suggested starting the season August 1st finishing with a New years day grand final.The temps are generally suitable,could make a deal with the MCC around access,and a New Years day grand final would be a good novelty and send off to the the virus traumas. Still should be looked at IMO.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Australia v India series with a Boxing Day Test.

Zero chance MCC will let footy interfere with that, would have to be held at Docklands.

Rather not.
I think one of the worse GF's i ever saw was in 91.
A GF not at the MCG isnt a GF

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008

Zero chance MCC will let footy interfere with that, would have to be held at Docklands.
These days those tests only last 2 days! The MCC would love the extra revenue.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Never said they would preference footy over cricket but wouldn',t , without a lot of thought, Tell footy 1 Oct you guys eff off and see you again Rd 1 2021. May not happen but as I said there would be lot of why cant we do this, or that or maybe this. Cricket after all plays in a stadium funded by football. Think Bradman said when the Test moves from Melb to Syd its moves from a football stadium to a cricket ground. (That's from memory, didn't google it, could be wrong)