Springvale vs Coburg | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Springvale vs Coburg

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Springvale Scorpions v Coburg Tigers
Sunday 18th July
Shepley Oval at 2.00pm

Springvale Scorpions

B: X. Clarke Stone S. Fredericks
HB: Waldron Smith Taylor
C: Carroll Heenan R. Clarke
HF: Kosch Caples Bruin
F: Morse D. Carmody Harrison
R: Brooks Murray Houlihan
Inter: Rafferty Rouda Miller Wulf Mott Main
N. Carmody Parsons

Coburg Tigers

B: Raines *smile* Chaffey
HB: Talbot Young Jorgenson
C: Fletcher Coughlan Houlihan
HF: Nichols Carlson Gilmour
F: Rayson O'Connor Pagan
R: Marsh Rodan Dragicevic
Inter: Foley Morrison Daniher Weller Randello
Caruso Kuret Darby

Can't go to this one :'(

Interesting to see how Gaspar and Chaffey will go and good to see Coughlan is back.  Should have no trouble against Springvale with Coburg's consistently best players and the Richmond boys. Get organised for the finals. :D

Scores at the Min now in the last Qtr

Springvale Scorpions 10.2
Coburg Tigers 13.8

We Won ;D
15.10.100 to 12.5.77 by radio reports Draga was B.O.G

Go Coburg. Keep up the good work.  It will be wonderful to see some September action. :)

Coburg 15-10-100 d Springvale 12-5-77.

Played down at Dandenong, Coburg kicked 4,4,5 and 2 goals to lead all day and run out comfortable winners.

Coughlan played after half time, didn't do a lot. Gaspar played the first 3 quarters, did some ok things and one or two woeful things.

Dragga was probably best, with Raines, Gilmour, Marsh all good for the Tiger list players, but it was a good team effort from Coburg.

Goals: Dragicevic 3 Jorgenson 2 Marsh 2 Gilmore 2 Carlson 2 Raines Talbot Chaffey Nicholls.

Best: Dragicevic Marsh Foley Chaffey O'Connor Raines.

Good to see Dragga, Foley and Raines in the bests.

I've been critical of Dragga in the past but he has been in the bests on a regular basis. Perhaps he's making a last gasp effort to save his AFL carreer. If he continues his form, I wouldn't mid seeing him on the senior list at the expense of soemone like Blumfield who simply doesn't have the hardness to compete at this level.

I've said all along that Foley looks like a natural footballer to me in that he has great awarness, balance, and clean hands. I would love to see him on the senior list next year. He has done very well in the limited game time he has been given....he has spent alot of time on the bench which I have been critical of.

Raines continues to improve and is now regularly getting in the bests for Coburg. At this stage I'd say his body mass is greater than roaches, and I would probably say he has developed more this year than Roach, considering he started from a lower base at the beginning of the year. Roach's stints on the bench in the seniors has impeded his development IMO.

In what senior coach David Flood believed to be a danger game for the Coburg Tigers, the side has managed a 23-point hard fought victory over a persistent Springvale team.  With the inclusions of Tiger stars Darren Gaspar and Mark Chaffey, many believed the game was going to be a percentage booster for Coburg, eventually proving to be a very even contest in which the Burgers were lucky enough to steal the points.

Tiger Rookie Mark Dragicevic was brilliant through the midfield with 30 possessions and 3 goals taking best on ground honors.  Nathan Foley was also instrumental across half forward with 24 possessions and 6 marks putting in a bid for best a field.  In a game that required commitment to the ball and contested possessions Coburg’s big men Ben Marsh and Ryan O’Connor were brilliant all over the ground finishing amongst the sides best players.

The Coburg Tigers have now moved to 5th place on the VFL ladder with only percentage separating them from 4th place.  The Tigers are now focusing on the match against Tasmania this Sunday at 1:00pm.  A win will secure 4th place in the run home to the finals, which has many Coburg fans on the edge of their seats.

Our next senior game is against Tasmania on Sunday July 25th at York Park, Tasmania.
Our next reserves game is against Port Melbourne on Saturday July 24th at the Coburg City Oval.

Go the Burgers!

Shane Purss
Football Manager
:)

Harry said:
Raines continues to improve and is now regularly getting in the bests for Coburg.  At this stage I'd say his body mass is greater than roaches, and I would probably say he has developed more this year than Roach, considering he started from a lower base at the beginning of the year.  Roach's stints on the bench in the seniors has impeded his development IMO.

Raines has been the surprise packet for me. When we drafted him, no one really had a high opinion of him, however he looks a more likely prospect than Roach IMO

Roach should be playing for Coburg with Raines, as he is completely lost at AFL level. He is simply too small at this stage, and is pushed off the ball far too easily.