State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
Yes Bully, I remember Jye from several years ago.

Would still only be 25 going into 2017. Very pacy too.

BOG in the State game, will probably finish top 3 in the Sandover. This is the type of value selection similar to Menegola, I would select him with any pick outside the top 50.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
bullus_hit said:
BOG in the State game, will probably finish top 3 in the Sandover. This is the type of value selection similar to Menegola, I would select him with any pick outside the top 50.

no more re-treads!

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Brodders17 said:
no more re-treads!

Hasn't played a game of AFL, the fact he's been on an AFL list shouldn't be a deal breaker. Remember Shane Tuck?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Subiaco have a young indigenous player Liam Ryan, he's 19 years old in his first year of Wafl footy. He is a country lad who came to Perth this year to try his luck.
He's 184 cm and the kid can fly, he kicked 11 goals in 4 reserve games and has kicked 31 from 13 since being promoted.
He will be on an AFL list next year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
tigerman said:
Subiaco have a young indigenous player Liam Ryan, he's 19 years old in his first year of Wafl footy. He is a country lad who came to Perth this year to try his luck.
He's 184 cm and the kid can fly, he kicked 11 goals in 4 reserve games and has kicked 31 from 13 since being promoted.

Got another 4 goals yesterday.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
3121FC said:
For $&@? Sake no more state footballers
only for vfl side

This kid is 19 years old, was playing bush footy last year and has kicked 46 goals in his first year in the Wafl. He's worth at least a rookie pick for mine.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Perhaps another Rioli wouldn't go astray.

A far cry from this 3 years ago.

Willie has shed 14 kg's, quite phenomenal. I reckon he should be in the frame along with Michael Gibbons of Williamstown as a viable small forward option. Shai Bolton clearly the best junior but after that a bit of a drop off with the u/18's.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigerman said:

Great call, have just gone through some footage and the lad has some serious x-factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuH2C_uSH_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pej3h1pqvmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq6i_Icsico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwS0ZgzRDmo

Will be very keen to see his numbers at the combine, if they stack up I'd expect him to get snaffled in the national draft, seems a cut above the rookie draft.

Ryan's stats are outstanding for a guy who fell through the cracks of the junior system, to be averaging 2.5 goals a game as a teenager is very rare indeed. Apparently he's had 6 clubs make inquiries so there's a fair bit of buzz in recruiting circles.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
bullus_hit said:
Great call, have just gone through some footage and the lad has some serious x-factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuH2C_uSH_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pej3h1pqvmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq6i_Icsico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwS0ZgzRDmo

Will be very keen to see his numbers at the combine, if they stack up I'd expect him to get snaffled in the national draft, seems a cut above the rookie draft.

Ryan's stats are outstanding for a guy who fell through the cracks of the junior system, to be averaging 2.5 goals a game as a teenager is very rare indeed. Apparently he's had 6 clubs make inquiries so there's a fair bit of buzz in recruiting circles.

He's an exciting prospect isn't he. What do you think, a second round pick?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
tigerman said:
Darcy Cameron, 20 years old, 204cm's and 104kg's, he plays for Claremont in the Wafl?
Just had a look at his stats, he looks to be playing forward this season, but had over 500 hit outs last season in the Ressies and Seniors.
Can't believe he wasn't picked up as a Rookie at least.

Kicked 5 goals on the weekend and took 12 marks, has 36 goals for the season. A big mistake not picking him up in the rookie draft, he will go in the national draft this year.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigerman said:
He's an exciting prospect isn't he. What do you think, a second round pick?

It's tough to know, generally state league talent comes in the second round at the earliest. There have been exceptions like Boekhorst but that was mainly due to poor decisions on the recruitment side. Marcus Adams was pick 35 last year and was the best state league player, his athletic testing was outstanding and that's what I believe will force Ryan up the charts. If he can produce a 20 metre sprint time somewhere around the 2.9 sec mark then second round should be feasible, a tank will also be needed so I'm placing a beep test floor of 13. Given he has age on his side he's competing directly with the likes of Bolton and to a lesser degree LeBois, who I roughly rank at 20 & 60 respectively. The big advantage Ryan has over these two is his aerial capabilities, combine that with the ground level work and he's got some fantastic weapons.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
YinnarTiger said:
Oscar McInerney is having a good game in his 5th VFL game with Casey today. 22yo, 100kg, 203 cm.

9year 9 mill deal
Get rid of Cotchin
Hardwick leaves

We are the new doggies
Instead of picking up Bomtatelly we find another spud

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
tigertim said:
Just googled Jayden Cass. 24 yrd old, after Eastern Ranges went to Box Hill then to Frankston. Hasn't been able to truly cement a spot but my google found that he was on our training list 6 years ago:
Training List
RICHMOND
Jayden Cass (Eastern Ranges)
Josh Free (North Ballarat)
Alex Goodingham (Dandenong Stingrays)
Dylan Grimes (Northern Knights)
Robbie Hicks (Calder Cannons)
Ben Jakobi (Sandringham Dragons)
Justin Kadhlefelt (Southport)
James O’Rielly (Ireland)
Graham Polak (Richmond)
Luke Tobin (Sandringham Dragons)

Jayden Cass

Height: 180cm
Weight: 67kg
DOB: 1/12/91
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Bio: Quick and agile half-forward who can also push up through the midfield. Smart footballer, who reads the play well, knows where the goals are and is very effective by foot off both sides of his body. Super impressive at Victoria screening with 2.88sec for 20m and level 15.4 in the beep test confirming rare pace and endurance.
Paul Amy saying Jayden Cass to play in our VFL side in 2017.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
VFL CLUB 2016 B&F WINNERS

BOX HILL HAWKS
David Mirra

CASEY SCORPIONS
Jack Hutchins

COBURG
Tom Goodwin

COLLINGWOOD
Brent Macaffer

ESSENDON
Aaron Heppell

FOOTSCRAY
Jordan Russell

FRANKSTON
Josh Newman

GEELONG
Tom Atkins

NORTH BALLARAT
Luke Kiel

NORTHERN BLUES
Tom Wilson

PORT MELBOURNE
Brody Mihocek

RICHMOND

Adam Marcon

SANDRINGHAM
Cameron Shenton

WERRIBEE
Matt Hanson

WILLIAMSTOWN
Willie Wheeler

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
2016 Round-Fothergill winner was Luke Ryan from Coburg.

Ryan, 20, has enjoyed a rapid rise at the Lions in his first Peter Jackson VFL season after graduating from the Calder Cannons TAC Cup program in 2015. The 185cm defender is averaging 20 disposals, six marks and almost seven rebound-50s per game in nine matches since making his senior debut in Round 3.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
VFL 2016 team of the year:

B: Luke Ryan Jack Hutchins Aaron Heppell

HB: Jordan Russell Tom Stewart Jordan Kelly

C: Nick Rippon Michael Gibbons Robbie Fox

HF: Ben Cavarra Tim Smith Matt Hanson

F: Sam Dunell Ahmed Saad Tom Atkins

FOLL: Nick Meese Tom O’Sullivan Willie Wheeler

INTER: Khan Haretuku Ben Jolley Tom Wilson Damian Mascitti Sam Darley Declan Keilty

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
tigertim said:
VFL 2016 team of the year:

B: Luke Ryan Jack Hutchins Aaron Heppell

HB: Jordan Russell Tom Stewart Jordan Kelly

C: Nick Rippon Michael Gibbons Robbie Fox

HF: Ben Cavarra Tim Smith Matt Hanson

F: Sam Dunell Ahmed Saad Tom Atkins

FOLL: Nick Meese Tom O’Sullivan Willie Wheeler

INTER: Khan Haretuku Ben Jolley Tom Wilson Damian Mascitti Sam Darley Declan Keilty

Is Cavarra worth a rookie spot?