Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stengle

Not too many indigenous boys on the cats list. He might like playing with the Rioli's, Bolton and Pickett. Especially with a big pay rise.
Shai was disappointing on the weekend but has had a pretty good year.
given he was here in the first place and left I think a return is not likely.He could try a Henry back to Geelong for family reasons I suppose.

Reactions: 1 users
Many would say Stengle is a far better foward than shai.Im in the fence after shai,s dissapointing year
Bolton has more goals, disposals, clearances. Pretty much any important stat. In a team struggling.
Anyone who suggests Stengle is a better forward must be a Cats fan.

Reactions: 3 users
His "manager" is Eddie Betts Mrs. Eddie is his mentor in Geelong. He ain't going anywhere.

Should never have gotten rid of him, always said that. We sorely miss his class. Tough call between him and Butts but I would still take Stengle.
But in regards to chasing him now? No thanks.

Should never have gotten rid of him, always said that. We sorely miss his class. Tough call between him and Butts but I would still take Stengle.
We didnt get rid of him, the Crows offered a small forward who played 2 games in 2017 and none in 2018 a longer contract than we did (3 years I think?)
and there was no comparison between he and Butler at the time. one was a premiership player, who was a regular in our dominant 2018 team. and was a lot better suited to our game style getting up and down the field and creating pressure.
Stengle has improved his game dramatically since he arrived at Geelong (or the year before in the SANFL), but we cannot be criticised for letting him go.

Reactions: 3 users
We didnt get rid of him, the Crows offered a small forward who played 2 games in 2017 and none in 2018 a longer contract than we did (3 years I think?)
and there was no comparison between he and Butler at the time. one was a premiership player, who was a regular in our dominant 2018 team. and was a lot better suited to our game style getting up and down the field and creating pressure.
Stengle has improved his game dramatically since he arrived at Geelong (or the year before in the SANFL), but we cannot be criticised for letting him go.
Somewhat splitting hairs with all respect @Brodders17
Saying there was no comparison between Stengle and Butts is unfair. Butts had a ok in 2018 but poor in 2019 and it was obvious Stengle had the talent he has.
There is nothing untrue about saying we should have kept him, the proof is in the pudding and he is a star player.

Saying there was no comparison between Stengle and Butts is unfair. Butts had a ok in 2018 but poor in 2019 and it was obvious Stengle had the talent he has.
There is nothing untrue about saying we should have kept him, the proof is in the pudding and he is a star player.

Stengle left us at the end of 2018 when Butts had a decent year, we had George and had also drafted Higgins. It took Stengle until 2022 to really have a good season

Reactions: 1 user
As Poshie said, Stengle left at the end of 2018. At that stage he had played 2 AFL games, for 2 goals. (including none in 2018). There were also question marks about his speed as a small forward, particularly his fit with us. At that stage Butler was an automatic selection in the best team in the league. He did miss the end of 2018 with injury and struggled on his return in 2019.
He went to the Crows and played 14 games in 2 years for 13 goals before being delisted and spending a year in the SANFL, before making a great return.

Reactions: 1 user
He was a bit out of control off feild.
Went to Adelaide and got exposed in with having too much of a good time on the town.
More settled at Geelong now, hard to see him leaving.