Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stengle

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Unrestricted free agent at season's end. He wouldn't be on much money at Geelong. Only 25 and better than our small forwards barring Bolton. We will have plenty of money in the kitty with our retirements ( Grimes,Prestia, McIntosh and probably the great man).
I don't want to see us bottom out like North, West Coke or the hawks. I'd rather go the Geelong or Sydney model.

Reactions: 1 users
Tigers, Crowbaits, Moggies, Tigers. That'd be some lap of the block for Wombat n missed 3 flags on the way through.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we at least try by offering him a bigger deal and force the Pussies to match it
100% offer 800k just to make he think about it.
800k in 2 yrs time will be 600k
If that Toffee apple from Sydney Wants 800k Stengle should be asking for the same.
Tell Mackie to FH

Let’s give coulthard 5 games first to see what we already have and if he shows some afl traits.

We should have a mountain of salary cap space though so doesn’t hurt to make Geelong pay closer to market. To be honest I think we are going to be closer to norf in this regard and massively overpaying vs onfield output due to min salary cap requirements.

Reactions: 2 users
Spend 800k on a fwd pocket?
No thanks.
Rather spend a further 400k on a young KP like Cadman down the track.

Let’s give coulthard 5 games first to see what we already have and if he shows some afl traits.

We should have a mountain of salary cap space though so doesn’t hurt to make Geelong pay closer to market. To be honest I think we are going to be closer to norf in this regard and massively overpaying vs onfield output due to min salary cap requirements.
Don't have to overpay. Front load contracts then make a huge offer for a key forward or mid when one comes available

Why aren't we ever mentioned when it comes to cap space? It's always Collingwood Essendon and even Carlton.
We should at the end of this year have 60% of the cap available. Even more if Dusty retires.
Besides Lynch and maybe BigV who else will be earning more then 600k next year.
Rioli Short????
We should be using the MCG, our great success and the new era and the 100k members as a selling point

Stengle is a bit of a lesson for recruiters although I don’t blame us for losing him.
He was an undisciplined kid picked as a rookie by us, not getting a game. He got a good offer from the crows and took it.
He got into a lot of trouble in Adelaide and was basically shunted out, still a bit wild and still an undisciplined kid.
Gets down to Geelong because Eddie Betts was mentoring him after being in Adelaide with him and Eddie was working at Geelong. Coincidence more than anything else but he couldn’t have had a better mentor.
It was sort of what I expected might happen with Sydney Stack but he looks too far gone.
Sometimes these young kids need time and patience but I understand that footy clubs don’t always have the luxury of patience.

Reactions: 2 users
Why would he want to come back possibly win another flag this year
Fair enough but I'm guessing he's not on big dollars down there. He wouldn't cost us a pick and would improve our forward line immediately. We all know we need a tall but we can only pick up players that are available. I wouldn't be against trading our first pick for Cadman from GWS if we could convince him to come.

Don't have to overpay. Front load contracts then make a huge offer for a key forward or mid when one comes available
Probably not the thread for this. However….

Imagine at your work you get told we will pay you 220% what you are earning now for 2 years but then in years 3-4 it will be back to 80% of what you are earning now. Here is a four year deal.

I reckon despite you knowing it’s a 50% pay rise you are a big chance of leaving years 3 and 4. And if you improve in them at time you are feeling seriously undervalued. (This is for a younger player). Feels fraught with danger to me and leading to all sorts of issues and off market pay levels and probably a key part of why north continue to suck. Overpaid kids who are no good and fat and happy veterans.

Big issue for us to solve and probably means bringing in some experience that deserves the pay along with paying much closer to minimum.

Probably not the thread for this. However….

Imagine at your work you get told we will pay you 220% what you are earning now for 2 years but then in years 3-4 it will be back to 80% of what you are earning now. Here is a four year deal.
I’d take that deal

Unrestricted free agent at season's end. He wouldn't be on much money at Geelong. Only 25 and better than our small forwards barring Bolton. We will have plenty of money in the kitty with our retirements ( Grimes,Prestia, McIntosh and probably the great man).
I don't want to see us bottom out like North, West Coke or the hawks. I'd rather go the Geelong or Sydney model.
Many would say Stengle is a far better foward than shai.Im in the fence after shai,s dissapointing year

Not too many indigenous boys on the cats list. He might like playing with the Rioli's, Bolton and Pickett. Especially with a big pay rise.
Shai was disappointing on the weekend but has had a pretty good year.

Stengle is a natural forward.
That is what makes him special.
He had all the talent but obviously didn’t listen enough to Shedda and Daniel.
There was no shortage of role models for him. He was just too young.