Stephen Mount | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stephen Mount

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Does anyone know why Stephen Mount played only one game in 1982, his last season with Richmond?

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Can't remember any particular injury.

Think it was a general loss of form and interest by him in playing at Richmond, with him going to WA in 1983.

Reckon he spent maybe 5 or 6 years in the WAFL, before returning to Victoria to play in the VAFA.

There were a few Tigers who lost interest in playing with Richmond in 1982.

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
Tigers of Old said:
Indeed. Saint Francis & co. seemingly stuffed up the unstuffable.

True. From what i have heard Francis couldnt understand or accept players who didnt have the same fanatical commitment that he had. And he treated some of the senior players like schoolboys. This, and GRs quest to pay overs for duds from other clubs set up the 30 years of *smile* we have endured since.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
Watched the 1980 GF tonight with my 8 y.o. son & he said, "Who's that #6 who looks like Cotchin?"

And every time he came onto screen after that, I thought it was Cotchin (wearing a wig) for a very small split second.

Check it out next time you look. Tell me & my little boy we are not mental.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I seem to recall Mount blotting his copybook somewhat in WA after his career with Richmond was over by suggesting players had taken drugs to improve performance.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Streak said:
I seem to recall Mount blotting his copybook somewhat in WA after his career with Richmond was over by suggesting players had taken drugs to improve performance.

Yep, claimed he and other Tiger team mates were using amphetamines during the 1980 season. Bartlett called it hogwash.