Steve Waugh Press Conference at 10:00 (Adelaide time) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Waugh Press Conference at 10:00 (Adelaide time)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Not happy apparently going ot announce his retirement. Not happy at all fi this is the case. He deserves ot beat India in India.
Best batsman I ahev ever seen and having had the opportunity to bowl at him in the nets when the Aussies played tests over here in the past I would sya him and his brother were probably the best batsmen I ahve ever bowled to.

I will be shattered if htis is the case.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Steve Waugh is one of the greatest captains we've had.
It will be a very sad day if he retires shawry especially as he's still in world beating form. What a waste.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
tiga said:
Steve Waugh is one of the greatest captains we've had.
It will be a very sad day if he retires shawry especially as he's still in world beating form. What a waste.

No arguments from me. While he is still smacking hundreds I say keep going.

THe only good thing I would take out of it is the fact that he proved all his critics wrong and can retire on his own terms like he always stated he would and stick it upeveryone like he has done his whole career.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Sadly it is official, at least we get to see him for one last summer. Might try to make it to Sydney for that last test to farewell the champion that he is.

From Foxsports.com.au:

STEVE WAUGH will retire from Test cricket after this summer's home series with India.

Waugh - one last Indian summer.

The Australian captain formally announced his retirement at a Sydney Cricket Ground press conference this morning.

The 38-year-old veteran of 164 Tests had been expected to push on to try to achieve the elusive goal of a series victory in India next year.

But Waugh said today he'd decided the Sydney Test before his home crowd is the right time and place to end his Test career.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
All class, on and off the field. Very glad he's going out on his own terms, in front of his home crowd.

Congratulations on a magnificent career Steve, you're welcome back at Tigerland anytime!

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I really hope he finishes with a big hundred. That would be the ultimate for such a champion.
I jsut love the way he goes about his cricket. There will be a tear in my eye when he is dismissed for the last time and walks off the ground for the last time.

Well done on a great career.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Good Luck Steve,

I think it was time and I'm glad you thought so too. Thanks for all the memories. All the best for the future. I have no doubt we'll be seeing you again in another role some time soon.

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
Sad to see him retire but i'm glad its on his home soil and not some other countrie at some ungodly hour ,he deserves to retire in front of his home crowd well done steve.