Still can't chat - helpp | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still can't chat - helpp

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Can't get into chat room .still white with a little red coross .
When I click properties, it says connection is not encrypted.
Don't know what that means.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Don't have a clue on that technical stuff smasha. A few people who've had problems have downloaded this Java Virtual Machine update that Microsoft sent me and it seemed to work. Noone mentioned the white box and red cross symptoms you have though.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/IE60/jitjava/IE6/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/msjavwj.exe

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Smasha I just had to ring my isp techs about something else and I asked about your problem.
They said it sounds like a settings thing. They suggested contacting the Multicity Chat support team and ask them what you can do.
If you let me know what browser you are using and any other info I'll get in touch with them.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
I got it working yippee .
Thanks heaps for that url you posted because even though I couldn't get it to work I saw java written there in the url and so I downloaded the java proggie and now the chat works.
Thanks again Rosy :)
P.S. Site looks even better now since I installed java .
Hope I can keep this happyness going through to 11 pm friday night ;D