Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Not sure they're exactly asleep at the wheel on this. It's just that they're too stupid to have any idea what they're actually seeing n understanding what it is.
Watched our Anzac game against Smelbourne today n during the first qtr, Wankery was discussing the way we were playing n all the little things our players do that generally don't rate a mention n certainly don't rate on the stats sheet. He n the other experts then waffled n muttered about our game style all game n mostly it was about our pressure n work rate. But our selfless n simple game of old fashioned footy, the knock on, the body work, the push n shuffle to get the ball n momentum travelling in our direction with, or even more importantly without total control of the play disappeared into the background virtually unnoticed.

The key ingredient, that brings this all together and makes it consistent, is the total buy in from all players on the list. Without the total commitment from every player the knock on etc do not work.

We are at another level all together on this. Really is a thing of beauty.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
100% guaranteed
If we drop games early next year they will use Rance's late announcerment in retiring as the cause...

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If we drop games early next year they will use Rance's late announcerment in retiring as the cause...
Dropped plenty of games early this season and it was because Tross n then Jaaack n Cotch n Dusty n Flossy n Nank n Grigga then Shorty n Rossy n yada yada yada all missing games. Our season was over virtually before it started according to most in the media n probably half on here.
Gotta drop a few games here n there, it's the nature of the comp, As long as we don't drop too many games late in the season and bloody none at the pointy end, I'll be happy again.

Reactions: 3 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Gotta drop a few games here n there, it's the nature of the comp, As long as we don't drop too many games late in the season and bloody none at the pointy end, I'll be happy again.
I rely on us dropping games to finance the travel and accommodation required when we make the GF. Before round 15 this year we were $11 with TAB to make it and before round 18 in 2017 we were $13. A handy insurance broker is the TAB, as long as they keep relying for their background info on the likes of king and parrot.

• Haha

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
100% guaranteed
Anyone doing this is announcing themselves as knowing nothing about the Sport or Richmond, if '19 taught us all anything it is always to look at the bigger picture.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
Anyone doing this is announcing themselves as knowing nothing about the Sport or Richmond, if '19 taught us all anything it is always to look at the bigger picture.

Yep - my Collingwood "Mates" are very happy with the Rance retirement.
They reckon there is something NQR about it and that it will have a flow on effect and is the beginning of the end for us.

I think they might be underestimating the other 40 blokes on the list.
Others will be given an opportunity & will step up!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
They reckon there is something NQR about it and that it will have a flow on effect and is the beginning of the end for us.

Load of crap just hanging on to something must be blind as bats we won the flag without him and I say our backline went up a level without him.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

I would be thinking the same way if Rance had of played all of 2019 and was in the premiership team.

Not now. The team was playing - arguably - better without Rance in the team and given they will have 3 months of training and pre season games before the big time rolls around they should be operating without much thought of Rance's absence

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I would be thinking the same way if Rance had of played all of 2019 and was in the premiership team.

Not now. The team was playing - arguably - better without Rance in the team and given they will have 3 months of training and pre season games before the big time rolls around they should be operating without much thought of Rance's absence

If the best genuine tall forward in the comp wasn't also wearing the coveted yellow sash I'd be more concerned.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

What else do you expect from desperado ferals.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Think Collingwoods best shot at a premiership was 2019.
They failed and the fans know it.

Puddles and Front Bottom form will drop even more in 2020.
And everyone has worked out Trealor is the biggest turnover merchant in the league.
No key forward.
Can't see them making top 4.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

And everyone has worked out Trealor is the biggest turnover merchant in the league.
No key forward.
Personally i think it was '18, 5 goals to nothing up 10-15mins into the GF & they managed to drop it.
Personally think Cats best chance was '19, like us in '18 thier best form was pre by & they couldn't string 2 wins together after the bye....
Ppl holding onto the Rance retirement as the end for us are clutching at straws, we won it this yr without him & he'd played barely 3 1/4 for the yr....
Every Club has a solid top end, certainly the contenders do, it's the rest of the Players that run out for us that make the difference.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley

No key forward.
Tend to agree.

I think their list has peaked. I cant see where they have much growth.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003

No key forward.

I thought I was the only one who called him Frontbottom!

So this is what it’s like... when doves cry...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

No key forward.

Collingwood had their free hit in 18.
But in typical collingwood fashion, they lost to a interstate side on their own ground. I Didnt hear any whinging on that day.
That's it. All over.
Treloar, is a very average footballer
Adams, cant kick
Sidebottom, properly the softest player since Tivendale.
Willis, bush footballer
Pendeerbury, class A1 footballer playing in a side full of duds.
Grundy, is the bloke out of the "the Club" he couldnt give a flying *smile* who his playing for as long as his pockets are full and he is happy.
Buckley would be the biggest jinx in sport. Anything he is involved in just fails.