Strange Membership Drive or stuff up?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Strange Membership Drive or stuff up??

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
A mate of mine at work whom happens to be a Demonhead and lives in Port Melbourne received in the mail yesterday a Richmond members newsletter along with the other usual deals they have in their regular members mailings. The letter was addressed "To the Tiger Fan of the Household".

I haven't even received the latest Members letter yet.

So my question is....... Is this a blanket Membership drive or another stuff up??? Has anyone else heard of anything similar?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ours was addressed the same way TT. Seeing the Fighting Tiger was in it I presume it only goes to members though.
It's the first time ours hasn't been addressed to our proper names.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
My last one was addressed to the "The tiger fan of the household"

After last time, they have done a thorough overhaul of that system. Other clubs were new to it as well, and had similar problems I recall.

TT, is your friend new to that house or has he/she just moved there? Possibly if they are new, then perhaps someone else who lived there prior hasn't updated their mailing details.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Didn't yours say "To the Tiger Fan of the household" Balmy?

We have 5 memberships at this address but ours was still addressed to the geeral address above.

It's strange that TT's friend would get one if they aren't Richmond members though.

How were other peoples Fighting Tiger envelopes addressed this week?

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
No he's been there about 6 months and never received any other Richmond stuff.

Sounds like a mailing error going by both yours and Rosy's account, but I find it wierd because all my mail has been addressed to me personally so far. I'll check when this latest newsletter arrives.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I recieved mine yesterday and it was also addressed to to the tiger of the household.

I remember about 2 newsletters ago, it was addressed the same way.

Not sure why though.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Mine was addressed directly to me, with my membership
number first, then my name, then my address.

It also contained $50 worth of "Major Raffle 2003"
tickets to sell.

Kids didn't get one (yet).

A few ago, we got one addressed to the "tiger
supporters" but I can't remember what was in that
one.

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
I am yet to recieve my copy of the fighting tiger, i will wait for mondays mail and then i will ring if i dont get it. This club has become extremly poor in their mail delivery to the membership base

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
I received a copy of the Fighting Tiger yesterday, and it did have my name on it.

Would love to know what's going on though. I'm not sure, but if the Club is having these mail outs done by outside companies, you would think they would be able to handle it.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I got my mine yesterday - it was addressed like TT's. I have been told (in the past) that they address things this way when there is more that 1 member in the house (my hubbie has a membership in name only). This was to also ensure that people only one copy of everything. Now I did actually suscribe to this logic.

But yesterday my Mum (aka Grumpy) got hers too - it was addressed to the Tiger Fan in the household. Fortunately, they did get the part right about not sending here raffle books ;)

And can I add - I think it is good to finally have a raffle with a car as the first prize. I might actually be able to sell the tickets this time (normally I buy them myself - bcos no one wants them if there aint no car :mad:)

Thanks Leon Daphne & Nissan - wonderful sponsors/supporters of the RFC

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Got another one today, addressed "To the Tigers
in the Household". The membership number is that
of one of the kids - I've not opened it. I wonder if
we'll be getting yet another one?

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Lately, whenever we get the fighting tiger bulletin it's normally adressed to :The tigers of the household". Except for the last one it was addressed to my old man and I didn't get one :(

Tiger_clairvoyant

I'm a llama!
Aug 24, 2003
OK I have seen these letters going through and as everyone mentioned there is a mixture of TO THE TIGER FANS OF THE HOUSEHOLD and PERSONALLY ADRESSED but a very uneven mixture. Say 90% to 10%.

Anyway the reason why your Demon supporting friend would have received this is because.... Even if the person who lived in that house that your friend now lives in, had a re-direction of mail in place, the TO THE TIGER FANS..... won't be re-directed as it is not personally adressed and so must be delivered according to the address. So, unless the postman knows that the person who used to live there was a Tiger fan, then this will happen alot.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
Lately, whenever we get the fighting tiger bulletin it's normally adressed to :The tigers of the household". Except for the last one it was addressed to my old man and I didn't get one :(
Don't bloody deserve one, You get your membership for free, be gratefull for that T.G.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Captain Blood said:
Haven't received one yet.

Me either and when I do it is usually addressed to my girlfriend who is probably unique in this world.

She has never been to a game when the Tigers lost. We went back to oz earlier this year, went to three games, which were her first, and the Tigers won everyone.

Who can boast that sort of record.