Stuart Maxfield/Mark Merenda | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stuart Maxfield/Mark Merenda

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Why did we get rid of him?????-Maxfield is tough and can kick unlike our team.

Merenda was a champ, he leaves and becomes *smile*.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Maxfield walked out of the club at the end of 1995 after being wooed by the Swans $$ offered to him. Worked out ok as we got Gaspar as a priority selection in teh pre-season draft.

Back injuries cut Merenda's career short. Had one great season in 96 (I think you're overating him by calling him a "champ") but injuries put an end to him and was no good when we traded him to the eagles.

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
For starters, Boofa was offered huge money from Sydney swans. The club wasnt prepared to match the offer as it was more than he was worth. It was a shame to loose him but atleast the club at the time was doing the right thing in regards to players who were offered more than they were worth. As it turned out, we ended up getting Gaspar out that which wasnt that bad.

Merenda was a talent but due to injury his career was well over by the time he left Richmond.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Maxfield was a greedy prick. It didnt help us for the fact that the AFL were sponsoring the Swans either.

Only if we could of kept him. Him would of assisted the midfield when needed

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
If I recall correctly if we had matched Sydneys offer MAXFIELD would have been the highest or one of the highest paid players at Tigerland and his form just did not warrant that sort of money at that time.

Was a good player but hardly in the elite category way back then.