Suns V Richmond 12 March | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Suns V Richmond 12 March

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Heading along to the game tonight to support our Tiger Women. Might be a crowd of about 20 and a couple of cats going by Ticketek.
The way we are improving I am expecting a good win.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In The Age this morning all 6 tipsters are picking us. I didn't manage to get to the game at Kardinia Park so I hope I'm not destined to keep missing our wins - although West Coast next week looks a possibility.

North Melbourne were simply too good and we didn't start the game switched on, The third quarter was good but I suspect North had gone down a gear. North gives us a look at the level we need to reach, but the improvement this year means that tonight's game is a must win.

Conti back will make a huge difference.

DS

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
In The Age this morning all 6 tipsters are picking us. I didn't manage to get to the game at Kardinia Park so I hope I'm not destined to keep missing our wins - although West Coast next week looks a possibility.

North Melbourne were simply too good and we didn't start the game switched on, The third quarter was good but I suspect North had gone down a gear. North gives us a look at the level we need to reach, but the improvement this year means that tonight's game is a must win.

Conti back will make a huge difference.

DS
If we do win, DS maybe you’re a jinx.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So quite I thought the thread was hidden from view.

We're better, but can't score

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wow, that non call for front on in the goalsquare that would have resulted in a goal to Wakefield was bizarre. Everyone almost stopped expecting the free to be paid, the only ones that didn't think it was a free were the maggots.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That play by Lavey and then rolling the goal through by Bernardi were excellent. Not just for the goal but, even more, it showed football smarts, something our team has lacked. That sort of play is a big step forward.

This was a good game to win. Geelong's AFLW side are woeful. Gold Coast look to be more at our level, not surprising given they joined at the same time from memory. Getting a win over a team that clearly challenged us is a step forward. Being able to handle the pressure in the first quarter, then score, and go in at quarter time on even terms was a good sign. Pulling away in the second quarter showed we are getting much better.

CarnTheTiges, I have often been a bit superstitious at footy games but I am learning not to be (not sure I will ever wear those Tiger socks to another game though, not after the 2018 PF!). I hope I am not a jinx, maybe we will see next week at Punt Rd. I figure I can't be a jinx since the second GF I ever went to Collingwood were miles ahead at 3/4 time and managed to not win (1977 drawn GF) and the only Richmond GF I have managed to attend we had it won by quarter time (1980 :cupgold :D ). Ain't nothing I can do to influence whether Richmond do well except to keep paying my membership dues.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A doctor at a Brisbane hospital has tested positive for Covid, I hope this doesn't throw a spanner in the works for girls.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
That play by Lavey and then rolling the goal through by Bernardi were excellent. Not just for the goal but, even more, it showed football smarts, something our team has lacked. That sort of play is a big step forward.

This was a good game to win. Geelong's AFLW side are woeful. Gold Coast look to be more at our level, not surprising given they joined at the same time from memory. Getting a win over a team that clearly challenged us is a step forward. Being able to handle the pressure in the first quarter, then score, and go in at quarter time on even terms was a good sign. Pulling away in the second quarter showed we are getting much better.

CarnTheTiges, I have often been a bit superstitious at footy games but I am learning not to be (not sure I will ever wear those Tiger socks to another game though, not after the 2018 PF!). I hope I am not a jinx, maybe we will see next week at Punt Rd. I figure I can't be a jinx since the second GF I ever went to Collingwood were miles ahead at 3/4 time and managed to not win (1977 drawn GF) and the only Richmond GF I have managed to attend we had it won by quarter time (1980 :cupgold :D ). Ain't nothing I can do to influence whether Richmond do well except to keep paying my membership dues.

DS
Was a joke, but I have a pair of Tiger socks I won’t wear on a game day, because we seem to have lost every time I’ve worn them.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Was a joke, but I have a pair of Tiger socks I won’t wear on a game day, because we seem to have lost every time I’ve worn them.

Good to see you have some Tiger socks any CarnTheTiges.

It beats me why our superstore site doesn't have a range of Tigers socks available all the time. People always wear socks, so would be a great revenue raiser.

@Baloo will vouch for my passion for Tiger socks!