Target: Spriggs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Target: Spriggs

Richo12

Tiger Cub
Jul 16, 2004
We should try and get some players that we are actually capable of affording, rather than targetting the big names. David Spriggs is a very talented Geelong midfielder that just can't get a game because of recent injury and the talent in the cats midfield. Richmond should offer a late draft pick or try for a 3 way deal with someone like WCE who have excess young talls that would be a good offer for the cats.

David Spriggs
Guernsey Number: 6
Height 176cm
Weight: 77kg
Recruited From: Beaumaris/Prahran U18
Debut: vs. Fremantle, round 1, 2000
Date of Birth: 25th January 1981

136323af.jpg

Regardless of what he does off-field, Spriggs can find the ball, he's an in-and-under type player who ripped it up in the Geelong VFL side this year, but with Bartel, Ling, Kelly etc ... he was never going to get a run in the midfield there, but he's an in-and-under player and thats what Richmond need, he may not be the best kick, but he's the type of player who can dish the footy out to the likes of Bowden and Tivendale who can carry the ball ... Spriggs would be a great asset for the Tigers, he'll go in the latter stages of the National Draft or somebody will pick him up in the Pre-Season Draft!

Hammerfire said:
Please PM those "off-field habits" to me Stu.

Smoked wako tabaco..... not so bad...... if he didn't do it so heavily!!

K.Johnson did but cleaned up his act.... young kid trying out stuff not like Spriggs

Yep i heard all about that, what is more suprising is how he is such a good endurance runner, even back in his junior days when he was doing this "recreational activity" a fair bit.