Targets/Trades | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Targets/Trades

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
Anybody have any inside info on who the club is targeting for the yellow and black next season and who they are considering trading.

I've been told by a trainer at the club that they are in discussion over Richardson.

If he said he didn't want to leave could they make him considering he's contracted?

EyeOfTheTiger said:
I've been told by a trainer at the club that they are in discussion over Richardson.

Sure he didn't say in "disgust" over richardson ?

As much as I reckon Richo is part of Tigerland, I don't think anyone is untradable. i would hate to see if happen, but if it did, I would want someone pretty special in return.

That person would need to be a 10 year player who was a quality option.

Otherwise there is no point in trading if we don't gain a significant advantage

Richo signed a 3 year contract contract at the end of last season.

If we the club is going to try and trade Richo, I would hope that we don't have a Daffy/ Bourke scenario.

Really the only way that I could see Richo leaving, would be a straight swap with a high profile player.

I'd love to see Jonathan Brown in a Tiger guernsey. ;)

I can tell you Geelong are having a massive tilt at Richo and the offer on the table from them maybe hard to refuse...the problem maybe getting Richo to move

Okay, I've heard around the traps that Joel Bowden will be offered to the Western Bulldogs for their overall draft pick no 4 and possibily a 3rd round pick also.

Ben Holland will be offered for trade. Only is Holland agrees to a highe pay cut will be remain a tiger.

tigerman said:
I'd love to see Jonathan Brown in a Tiger guernsey. ;)

Jonathan Brown only recently extended his contact with Brisbane. He is extremely happy with the Lions.

I'd also like Jonathan Brown in a Tiger jumper, but it wont happen.

Tro boy I disagree. Bowden is a highly talented player who get s plenty of the ball. Not to mention a strong left foot kick and many many games of experience. We should get the #4 pick as well as their 3rd round pick as nwonash suggeste4d. I would have said that was fair, I think too many people overrate the value of a draft pick and undervalue our players.

Laff: Ive heard that Melbourne are also having a big tilt at Richo...Its almost becoming an Auction. And for us Auctions and Richo are a good thing.

Geelong would have to offer us there 1st round pick, 3rd pick and James Kelly for it to go down well with our supporters. I know that Kelly was someone who is of interest to us. I am close or not Laff :p

As for Melbourne if they gave us there priority pick and a second round pick id take that as well. We just have to wait and see what happens.

As for Bowden...rumour is a straight swap for Bulldogs 1st round pick (No 4 overall).

nwonash said:
Ben Holland will be offered for trade. Only is Holland agrees to a highe pay cut will be remain a tiger.

If someone like Matty Lloyd can take a pay cut for the spirit of the club then Holland can - he is kidding himself otherwise.It's time he had a good look in the mirror and realised he isn't the superstar he thought he was.The way i see it, we've already payed him enough to see him thru to season 2008.

As for joel bow-down, i think his time is up.Let's get what we can for him, when we can.

i hope some of these rumours i have heard are true... very tasty.

pick 4 from bullies for bowden **woohooo**
then we can give pick 6 to the power for stevens.

at least that way we add experiance to our onballers plus still get a crack at decent young kid (hopefully another quality onballer)

go the rumours !!!!! ;D

Gus, that ain't gonna happen.
Beck is likely to trade 1st round pick to Kanga's for David Bourke, as he now has a son, and if he plays 15 more games for Richmond, they will be able to draft Harrison Bourke under the F/S rule in 2020. Thus making RFC the first club to have players from 4 generations of the same family.

Richardson will NOT be traded.

Geelong can give their first round draft pick and throw in a few players, but it wont happen.

Frawley will go before Richo does. I can guarantee that.

shawry said:
I think too many people overrate the value of a draft pick and undervalue our players.
Geez and I thought we were the ones who have been crying all year that certain players were worth Jack *smile*

bigwow said:
Gus, that ain't gonna happen.
Beck is likely to trade 1st round pick to Kanga's for David Bourke, as he now has a son, and if he plays 15 more games for Richmond, they will be able to draft Harrison Bourke under the F/S rule in 2020. Thus making RFC the first club to have players from 4 generations of the same family.

Nah I know it and you know it, but maybe SPUD doesn't.

ROFLMAO

Wishful thinking... Bowden and Holland to Hawks for Rawlings and C Brown with maybe a compensation 3rd or 4th pick either way.

Interesting reading in TT today people. Check it out.