Taylor walker /Crows ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Taylor walker /Crows ??

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
Can someone tell me how someone as erudite as Taylor walker was voted the PA's best captain over Cotch ?

He can barely string a coherent sentence together and is now openly vilifying players who leave "his club".

Classy..

I cannot imagine Cotchin uttering such rubbish as is emanating from Mr Walker at present.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I suspect his behaviour would be different if he was captain of a Victorian team. In Adelaide he is put up on a pedestal. His criticism of lever reflects the town's sentiment, whereas from over here it looks like poor form/ sour grapes.

In Victoria the tall poppy would be cut back regularly. You only have to look at the criticism of cotchin over the years.

Pappy

Tiger Rookie
Mar 16, 2013
Given that I (like most people here) have watch the replay of the GF a number of times, I noticed something very small but interesting in the pre-match huddle just before the game got underway.

The camera pans to Walker in the middle of the Crows huddle and you get an idea via lip reading his last burst before they break.....it went something like this and it was aggressive - "Ooi, Ooi....F***ing, (this) F***ing (that) - you get my drift.

The camera then pans to Cotchin and he's in the middle giving his last pep talk and there is no aggressiveness in his tone and there is a hint of a smile on his face in his delivery.

Best AFL captain - yeah right!!!

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Its his mad :eek: the other players couldnt handle his mad stare and voted for him
Where as we destroyed them in the GF

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
You can often grasp a person's personality by their handling of themselves in defeat. Taylor Walker has been deplorable. A very very ungracious loser. That is not captain material. I've lost a lot of respect for Walker in the last few weeks.

pokey

Coffee never tasted so good
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
betterlifecoachingblog.com
I've never really understood the fuss about Tex.

He's a beautiful kick, but rarely takes a game apart.

There will be a lot of pressure on him the next couple of years to perform on the biggest stages, especially away from the comforts of home.

As for his comments about Lever chasing money, the crows are offering almost twice what they offered Jake to get Motlop over. They need a long hard look at their model if they want to retain talent, especially from interstate.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Tiger17 said:
Can someone tell me how someone as erudite as Taylor walker was voted the PA's best captain over Cotch ?

I would say that when they voted the Adelaide Crowers were sitting pretty looking like they were invincible, hence top team must be top Capitano. Whereas now, after we burst their fathead bubble everyone other than us can see the true value Cotchin has brought our team as a leader this year. The finals series highlighted his selfless battering ram acts to the wider community. They now see his positives not his negatives. With the fathead they now just see an ungracious loser with a lot to do to rectify his reputation.

I bought the Fighting Fury framed poster from the Tigerland store because it has a great shot from behind of our boys arm in arm as one during the national anthem. You cannot see the childish Power Rangers. Love it!!

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
6cafc2840e86f7be28ea1cba3ff02211--power-rangers--power-rangers-movie.jpg

Fear.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
What an arrogant prick to suggest Lever is going to Melbourne for money over success. Just as much chance of success at Melbourne as Adelaide and getting paid better coin for it. Plus doesn't have to play with Tex...win wins all round.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
BrisTiger24 said:
What an arrogant prick to suggest Lever is going to Melbourne for money over success. Just as much chance of success at Melbourne as Adelaide and getting paid better coin for it. Plus doesn't have to play with Tex...win wins all round.

Didn't melbourne slap Adelaide on their home ground. The bloke is a massive goose.
Melbourne has more upside then Adelaide. Not only in football

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
If we won the flag through absolute togetherness and honesty then surely Adelaide are a short priced favorite for the 2018 spoon.
Walker being exposed as a floggl, sook and loser cannot be an anomly at seasons end, players have been leaving Adelaide like Syrians fleeing
Syria for quite some time now.

Its OK for Adelaide to shake everyone elses tyree but not the other way around. PALEEEZ

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Pappy said:
Given that I (like most people here) have watch the replay of the GF a number of times, I noticed something very small but interesting in the pre-match huddle just before the game got underway.

The camera pans to Walker in the middle of the Crows huddle and you get an idea via lip reading his last burst before they break.....it went something like this and it was aggressive - "Ooi, Ooi....F***ing, (this) F***ing (that) - you get my drift.

The camera then pans to Cotchin and he's in the middle giving his last pep talk and there is no aggressiveness in his tone and there is a hint of a smile on his face in his delivery.

Best AFL captain - yeah right!!!
Don't think I've ever seen Tex put his body on the line the way Cotchin does, either.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
First Josh Jenkins and now Tex Walker.

Why do these guys assume that remaining in Adelaide is the way to find success? The evidence suggests that if someone wants to succeed they have to leave. Just look at Patrick Dangerfield, Jack Gunston and now Ben Rutten, an Assistant coach at the 2017 Premiers. Phil Davis is closer to success than Tex Walker.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
The term "plastic tough guy" is so accurate.

Think there even a couple of times in the GF. IIRC one with Dusty.
After a contest he comes storming in and pushes someone.
They come straight back at him and he turns to the umpires with palms upraised appealing for protection.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
I think the players voted for him because they fully expected that he would be the premiership captain and they would look pretty stupid to have someone who wasn't the premiership captain as their Captain of the Year (as they now do).

I'm loving that some respected premiership players are starting to call Tex out. Jimmy Bartel gave him a decent whack today about Tex's comment that Lever chose money over success by reminding Tex that getting into a grand final does not equate success and that he has not achieved any success in his career yet and there's no guarantee he ever will. He has made himself look like a complete tool to the whole football industry. He should be embarrassed.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I can't believe he was voted best captain last year as well. Overrated player, overrated leader based on his grand final playing exploits and an overrated bloke given his antics immediately after the game and since re Lever. Absolute numpty.