Team selection for GF | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team selection for GF

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Richmond
Out: nakas & graham
In: Stack & Ross

GWS
Out: Hill & Davis
In. Whitfield & Greene

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This is possibly the match-up that exploits the absence of Rance most of all - three capable talls with Greene spending time forward. Ideally Grimes takes Greene out like he did in 2017, but that leaves us one short against the bigs.

Broad coming up is a must.

Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
How do we combat there 3 talls ?.Last game we played them from memory didn't have issues.I do think tho gws look a bit to top heavy may play in our hand.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I think the key is cut the supply from the midfield for there forwards and win that battle.De Boer will get Martin we need to help him out and isolate De Boer one on one in the goal square.

Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
What a beautiful day.

I'd say Stacky or Ross for Graham depending on VFL form. Let's assume Broady plays

Broad Grimes Astbury
Short Flossy Houli
BEllis Cotchin Caddy
Stack Rioli Bolton
Jack Lynch Castgana
Nank Martin Prestia

Shed Lambert Baker Soldo

Boooyyaaaaa!!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It was wet last time we played them at the MCG. Knocked them off by around 5 goals.

They looked tired in the 4th against the wobbles.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Unchanged unless there is an injury.

Graham - Jack Ross rested from VFL Grand Final.
Broad - Macintosh rested from VFL Grand Final.

Not sure Nank had his best game in the prelim, but with Mummy the type that would go for the hit, best we have the two of ours in. And don't change a winning team.

The romance of a Stack or Pickett inclusion seems to be dead in the water unless something happens, like another training injury or one of them kick 12 in today's VFL Grand Final

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
I would normally agree with unchanged but I just got this illogical feelin’ about Pickett ...

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I would normally agree with unchanged but I just got this illogical feelin’ about Pickett ...

Is it a bridge too far??
Going to be very interesting to see who puts their hand up today to press for selection in next week's GF team.
Just love the fact that the Tigers have the luxury of such good depth. How long has it been?

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Broad will be OK I feel, which means KMac unlucky to miss VFL GF and AFL GF.

Graham won’t make it. Ross vs Pickett and I have a sneaky feeling we will be aggressive with this selection.

Who dares wins. Pickett to debut in a Grand Final.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Didn't see anyone really put their hands up to be selected for next week.
Pickett did okay but not sure he will handle the heat of the GF in his first senior game.
Ross in for Graham and, if necessary, K-Mac in for Broad

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Broad will be OK I feel, which means KMac unlucky to miss VFL GF and AFL GF.

Graham won’t make it. Ross vs Pickett and I have a sneaky feeling we will be aggressive with this selection.

Who dares wins. Pickett to debut in a Grand Final.
Just can’t see it Baron. Maybe if he’d been playing all year but he’s had a very injury interrupted season and only been in our system a few months. The GF is a cauldron and the Giants mids are big, tough and hard. He’s not ready but should be next year.

Ross is young but has a man’s body and has been in our system for 11 months or so. He’s also been exposed to the level. Marlion is too big a risk at this stage. My money is on Ross.

Reactions: 2 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Here’s the thing - we are dead set determined to play two rucks to offset a potential 6-6-6 weakness in our setup. With two rucks we control more clearances and allow the +1 to drop back.

So Ross or Pickett?

Ross would be better if we were playing one ruckman because he is a ball hunter. He will follow the oppo, tackle, win the pill.

Pickett is perfectly suited to taps to advantage. Tall, poised, strong, well-balanced with a surprising burst of speed.

We all saw how he roved Nank against Essendon in the final. Good rucks enable him, pure and simple.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the coaches put it on him and said ‘Ross is currently the man in waiting, prove us wrong today’.

He got BOG.

Do it, Tigers. Pull the trigger.