Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

Re: Aust Open Tennis

geoffryprettyboy said:
Otis said:
Goodbye Roddick!!!

Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis defeated Andy Roddick 6-4, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4

another seed gone. . .

The Greek Cypriot really gave that Americano a pasting didn't he? If Marcos keeps his mind on his career and not the Swedish & German tourist babes, then he'll have a great future. Eat 'em alive.

I reckon Baghdatis' girlfriend was distracting Roddick a bit too, reow!

TIGEREXTRA said:
Bad luck to Sam Stosur, she put up a good fight in the second set.

Loss 6-1 7-6
Good effort but full credit to Hingis. she's thrown down the gauntlet now, if she pulls this title off it'd be some fairytale comeback.

She doesn't look fit enough ToO, not for this one anyway

Later in the year maybe

Aussie Aussie Aussie..oi..oi...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Geez we are a lame bunch. As Australians, is there any chance we can come up with some different chants or some songs to support our athletes ?

Redford said:

Geez we are a lame bunch. As Australians, is there any chance we can come up with some different chants or some songs to support our athletes ?

Couldnt agree more.
Is "oi" an australian word, sounds asian to me
How about G'day G'day G'day

Unfortunately there is only one word that rhymes with Australia

Redford said:
How about.
Oh where from aussieland a fighting fury where from Aussieland. ;D

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Redford said:
How about.

Sounds good to me Madcow.

Redford said:
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Redford said:
How about.

Sounds good to me Madcow.

Yellow and Green

Redford said:

long live the bogans, who are also responsible for making those chemicals otherwise known as "VB" a top selling beer in this country...

Coming down to the business end of the tournament with a Federer v Nalbandian final looking likely in the mens & I reckon a Clisters v Henin-Hardene final despite the fact Henin-Hardene is currently a set down.Federer has certainly been pushed in his past 2 matches so will be interesting to see how he goes in his next game/s.

jim couriers constant disrespect for his fellow commentators makes me puke (not to mention that AMERICAN accent)? and the way he slips the  "when I was playing....." schmuck in every set  :mad:

is there radio station commentry?

blx said:
jim couriers constant disrespect for his fellow commentators makes me puke (not to mention that AMERICAN accent)? and the way he slips the "when I was playing....." schmuck in every set :mad:

is there radio station commentry?
I don't mind Courier,can't have Alexander.

Everybody...............one, two, three, four

.........po, po, po, Baghdatis, po, po, po, Baghdatis, po, po, po, Baghdatis su gapo. :clap

Well done Marcos, for reaching the unbelievable, you'll be a winner either way! :clap

Frankly, Courier is a live tosser.

Congratulations too to ch 7 for ging to their news etc as the Mauresmo v Clijsters went into the deciding set. Splendid effort.

:mad: :p :'(

jb03 said:
Congratulations too to ch 7 for ging to their news etc as the Mauresmo v Clijsters went into the deciding set. Splendid effort.

:mad: :p :'(
Fair enough I reckon' Jelly Bean. She's not 'Aussie Kim' anymore.
I think most of the punters would rather watch the news than a couple of sweaty foreigners fighting it out. I can understand that decision and it was probably justified given the end result.