Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigers of Old said:
This is a frightening new development.
Using trucks to run innocent people over?!
How do you stop that?

Seeing the truck was loaded with guns and grenades you could assume that they weren't planning a drive through but they encountered security that foiled their initial plans. Then decided to just drive through the crowd.

Don't know what the answer is.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Even the recalcitrants surely understand what is required, even if they can't bring themselves to admit it. Less tut-tutting, more banning.

I agree, we should ban the french.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
WesternTiger said:
Watch 4 corners from the other night kendo.

Great show, recommend it to anyone who wants to know how these people - many of whom were born in the West - are radicalised.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Mohamed something, from a country which speaks Arabic, whose constitution states the President must be a Muslim. Join the dots.

French national I taught.

Odd that no one has claimed it yet.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
KnightersRevenge said:
Hard to know sometimes. PLO and IRA used to just claim everything didn't they?
I heard a TV interview with this guy's neighbour. He said that he was a heavy drinker and smoked a lot of dope. He was also a petty criminal.

There are some strange dynamics going on here which are really hard to fathom. This doesn't seem like a radicalised muslim becoming a terrorist, but we will see how it pans out I guess.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
National service could be mandatory for the French, in fact, probably better for all countries. Only way to beat these looneys?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Sintiger said:
There are some strange dynamics going on here which are really hard to fathom. This doesn't seem like a radicalised muslim becoming a terrorist, but we will see how it pans out I guess.

It's not unusual. The prime candidates for radicalisation are lost people looking for a cause and a meaning for their lives. This often means they have a background in petty crime and drugs. The recruiters for ISIS and the like target these types - disenfranchised no-hopers. Often this happens when they are serving time.

This guy, we don't know if he was acting alone or was activated by ISIS yet.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Even the recalcitrants surely understand what is required, even if they can't bring themselves to admit it. Less tut-tutting, more banning.

banning racism and social inequity?

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
TigerForce said:
National service could be mandatory for the French, in fact, probably better for all countries. Only way to beat these looneys?
t

Or give them the skills to better carry out terrorists attacks? That one is a double edged sword TF.