The 2019 Brownlow Mega Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The 2019 Brownlow Mega Thread

And that -31 votes is exactly the total of the last two years. Interesting. I think it possibly reflects the evenness of our team. Unlike other teams we often don't have a standout player on the night.

Theres definitely some truth in that. For example, when we played Freo last year, both Fyfe and neale were in the top 3 Brownlow night and I had no issue with it. I thought they were excellent, just the rest of the team was awful, we had a complete team performance that day.

Brisbane this year I just can't fathom, whilst we won by 5 goals the domination in that game was more akin to an 8-10 goal win and I felt the 3 most influential players on the field were Dusty, Vlastuin and prestia. I didn't think any of the Lions were particularly influential.

Reactions: 1 user
Funny, there is an article on the site that can't be named (the top 10 from brownlow night) and point 8 suggests its not a surprise that the teams that win the most games get the most votes and mention Geelong and Brisbane as being the top 2 and both polling 90 votes. No mention of us, I'm sure we finished on the same wins? :rolleyes:
That’s an inconvenient fact, MrP.

Anyone see Diverfeilds face when Fyfe was declared the winner?
Look like he just sucked a bag of lemons.

Reactions: 1 users
Phil Davis's suit jacket got my fashion police badge out ....
Heppell's shorts nearly made me cack myself, reckon he musta thought he was going to an AccaDacca gig n was channeling Angus at full throttle.