The all Australian Team (Herald Sun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The all Australian Team (Herald Sun)

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Laff said:
It is fact that Freo were going to go for Fiora as well he was highly regarded with his performance in the finals with Port. I would not write of Fiora just yet .......as far as all Ausralian did Haselby have a better year than Crawford or Coghlan?

Carefull Laff, you were almost half positive about one of our players in that post!

However, keep Fiora in defence and we might as well write him off right now. Get him on a wing and i reckon he'd improve out of sight very quickly.

Very good point about Haselby too, particularly when you look at the support he has around him compared to Cogs! Joke that Crawford isn't in no matter how you look at it.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Agree with many of the comments here.

It is a little unfair to single out the Fiora and Pavlich scenario with the benefit of hindsight. After all the fact that James Hird was taken at pick 70 in his draft year does that make all club recruiting officers at that point in time incompetent?

However one fact is for sure. Either our recruiting or the development of these recruits has been way short of the mark in the past 10 years. We clearly have not capitalised on all of the early draft picks that we have received since the draft was introduced.

This must indicate that either our recruiting is poor or our development of these players is poor (or both).

Agree with the comments about Fiora Frickenel. Why Frawley bothers to play him in a back pocket is beyond me? Play him on a wing or on a half forward flank where he can use his pace and attacking style of play to advantage.