The answer to our prayers? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The answer to our prayers?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
AFL
Bloke throws hat in ring for Tigers job
by STAFF REPORTERS

Yackandanda Yahoos president Jimmy "Cooka" Cook has put his hand up for the role of Richmond CEO. The position became available last week after Ian Campbell resigned. Campbell, a former Nike executive, was said to lack the football nous required for the job.

Cook contacted Richmond this week to express interest in the position. "I read about that bloke Campbell not knowing enough about footy. Well, I can tell ya, I know heaps about it," he said. "Played for 12 years until the old pies and beers took their toll on me, so I moved into footy administration. Doesn't seem like a very hard job to me."

Under Cook's administration, the Yahoos have turned a profit of more the $50 for the past three financial years. "Now, $50 might not seem like much to you city folks, but when you consider the Tiges are millions in debt, a small profit sounds kind of good."

Cook said he had a number of ideas on how the club's finances could be turned around. "I'll just institute the same regime we've got up here in Yackandanda - pie nights, chook raffles, occasionally screenings of classic 70s films like The Club. That's brought in plenty of dollar from the local community and helped us build new coaches sheds, this time with rooves."

Cook said he would also get players to pay annual membership fees, along with a $12.50 fee for each game. "If we can charge players to play in a small district league like this, I'm sure they'll be willing to fork out to play AFL," he said.

http://www.thebladder.com/content/news/displayContent.asp?CID=2628&EID=256