The backline | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The backline

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I fail to believe the lack of recognition of the backline at the moment. Currently we are the best defensive side going on scores against. I was reading Inside Football for the first time this year during the week and they have player rankings. Whoever is responsible for these doesn't rate the Tigers too highly as there are 5 or 6 sides with greater team totals. Hopefully the other 15 teams follow the media and continue to underrate the Mighty Tigers.

Agree R.n.K. and welcome :).

Let them underrate our backline at their own peril. In fact that goes for the whole side. Our backline has definitely benefitted from the stronger midfield both in higher quality personnel and improved worktare and teamwork. It's alot easier to defend against a opposition forward when the ball isn't coming down with ridiculous ease and laces out like last year.