The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where better change the title on this thread.
This title is scaring our kids. After 2 or 3 years they are wanting to leave.
They are scared.
Lets call it the Tony Blair Project or the Rick Fair Project

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I see your point Carter. I also reckon Geelong can package up their 3 picks 30/32/34 (better than our 28/40/44) to get the Bulldogs pick which '*smile*' me b/c they will prob end up with a good hand too. Those idiots at Freo will give away something good for Jordan Clark just to be able to say they can attract players like WC can. Really irks me how their players get overvalued. Didnt they get 27 for Cockatoo?

With any luck there might be more than the Bulldogs wanting picks.
If Port get the Sydney player, they have pick 16 and then nothing until 60. Unless they trade a player, they may need 2nd / 3rd rounders. And they had Shiel do a medical apparently,

If Carlton give away their 1st and 2nd this year for Cerra, they have nothing (prob trade a 2nd next year instead of this year) - I cant see many of their players getting them a 2nd / 3rd pick with trading.

There may be 2 clubs who could compete with us to get the Bulldogs 1st rounder.

For me, I'd see what we can do to get the GWS pick 13 - they need to match any bids for Fahey (a good player) who they can match at any point.
Doubt Geelong throw away their first three picks to get one. They need to inject youth, plural.

I reckon we can get the Dogs' first and could even package 26 and 28 to Port for their 16 if they want to get both Dawson and Mitchell. Go to the draft with 7, 15, 16, 17/18.

Reactions: 6 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Doubt Geelong throw away their first three picks to get one. They need to inject youth, plural.

I reckon we can get the Dogs' first and could even package 26 and 28 to Port for their 16 if they want to get both Dawson and Mitchell. Go to the draft with 7, 15, 16, 17/18.
They may have a 2nd high pick if Freo overpay for Clark.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They may have a 2nd high pick if Freo overpay for Clark.
Knowing the AFL they will get pick 17. On a kid that has shown less then Coleman Jones and played like a panic merchant this year .
*smile* the AFL

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Knowing the AFL they will get pick 17. On a kid that has shown less then Coleman Jones and played like a panic merchant this year .
*smile* the AFL
Wouldn't surprise me that Freo hand over 2 x 2nds (theirs and what they get from Carlton for Cerra) or even a 1st (they really can be dumb at times the Freo footy dept) for Clarke.

I just read that West Coast delisted Brayden Ainsworth who they picked with pick 32 in the 2017 Draft. He played 14 games.
Not as good a pick as we lose with CCJ but still a wasted pick with their list age profile too. makes me feel just a little better at getting donuts for CCJ - which is what everyone is claiming.

I'm not annoyed he is going. I am annoyed if he and his manager dont do the right thing and try to get us compensated with a 2nd this year or next.

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Wouldn't surprise me that Freo hand over 2 x 2nds (theirs and what they get from Carlton for Cerra) or even a 1st (they really can be dumb at times the Freo footy dept) for Clarke.

I just read that West Coast delisted Brayden Ainsworth who they picked with pick 32 in the 2017 Draft. He played 14 games.
Not as good a pick as we lose with CCJ but still a wasted pick with their list age profile too. makes me feel just a little better at getting donuts for CCJ - which is what everyone is claiming.

I'm not annoyed he is going. I am annoyed if he and his manager dont do the right thing and try to get us compensated with a 2nd this year or next.

And Sydney has also delisted Matthew Ling, pick 14 if you dont mind from the 2017 draft. That's also a wasted pick.
Is it Leigh Mathews who always says draft picks are over-rated - take the known player!

Teckor

Tiger Rookie
Nov 7, 2007

There was a article on the AFL website that the Suns are open to potentially 'splitting' its top pick for a package of picks which would allow it to grab a couple of highly rated players within the first round.

Pick 3 will likely become pick 5 on the night (after Darcy and Daicos) which is worth 1878 points.

Target Bulldogs 17/18 with our later picks. Or on trade that to the Suns with our pick 15.

If we can do some deal with North for pick 20 = CCJ + probably another pick.

Potentially hit the draft 3, 7, 20 and 26.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
If we get both we can move Broad Balta and Vlastuin around. I am excited if we can get both.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I,d trade to get 4. Gives us the pick of vic midfielders and maybe a chance that Gibcus could be available at 4
There a couple of options to trade with Adelaide.
The best involves the swap with the Dogs to get 17, which is why we want to do it and not necessarily win the deal.

Say we get 17 from the Dogs.
Swap our 15 and 17 for Crows 4.
Normally Adelaide laughs it off but it reasonably even on points. Maybe we throw in something more. And crows can then trade 15 for Dawson.
Swans happy with 15.
Crows happy to get Dawson and a first rounder (and trump port)
We get 4 and keep 7

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Re Dawson I,d suspect the swans would be hoping for a mid teens pick eg Port 16.
Crows in the mix too.
We should be involved. Move our 15 to get a top 5 pick.

Agree Geelong won't trade 3 into 1. Not when the formline is so underexposed and clubs will want to take a spread

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We’ve offered Robbie Tarrant 2 years. Would prefer him to Talia.
Is he a fa? Good player. He and Talia set up our backline for a flag tilt and allows us to load up on kids in the draft, the opposite of what hawthorn and geelong did. gives us the option to play balta forward if need be.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Is he a fa? Good player. He and Talia set up our backline for a flag tilt and allows us to load up on kids in the draft, the opposite of what hawthorn and geelong did. gives us the option to play balta forward if need be.

He is a FA.