The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Unless there is a real bargain to be had, I would like us to stick to the draft. It looks like it will be a good a draft pool this year with talented key position and midfield options. We could end up with three top 30 picks, certainly two in the top 25 and hopefully we can trade to improve that further. We need to rebuild properly for another tilt at the flag in three years or so, , no shortcuts or quick fixes.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Matt Kennedy at Carlton. Coming into form. 26 in round 1 next year. 190 cm, only 75-80 games at the end of the year. In career form batting at 4 or 5 in their midfield. Looks super fit. Numbers good. Body is the question.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-carlton-blues--matthew-kennedy-1

Jack Martin, McGovern, Cerra, Hewitt all coming in on money. McKay, Walsh, Weitering on big deals.

Someone is due to get squeezed out. We should be sniffing. Hard.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Matt Kennedy at Carlton. Coming into form. 26 in round 1 next year. 190 cm, only 75-80 games at the end of the year. In career form batting at 4 or 5 in their midfield. Looks super fit. Numbers good. Body is the question.

Jack Martin, McGovern, Cerra, Hewitt all coming in on money. McKay, Walsh, Weitering on big deals.

Stocker or Dow?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Stocker's playing back pocket in the 2s. Kennedy is first 18 in a rising side and will re-sign. Dow is dominating VFL midfields and will be available.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Stocker's playing back pocket in the 2s. Kennedy is first 18 in a rising side and will re-sign. Dow is dominating VFL midfields and will be available.

Yeah agree, Kennedy will re-sign with the Blues.

Dow and Bruhn are possible options for us. I think we might be into Hopper as a FA at the end of 2023. Himmelberg (the Giants one) is also an interesting FA at the end of 2023.

I can't see us trading for some big trade at the end of this year as I think we will take our 1st to the draft, but the other picks are options.

Perhaps we trade in Bruhn and Dow for our 2nd and 3rd, and take our 1st and Norths 2nd to the draft. 2 top 20 draftees and added strength to our midfield.

On Dow, agree on his defensive side. His stats in 2021 are partly impacted by 2 injuries. If you take just his stats from round 12-22, he averaged 18 disposals, 4.2 clearances (only Nank and Prestia got more for us last year), but his average tackles at 2.5 is a bit too low. Needs to add another tackle on average per game, thats doable.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

At 25 has he reached his level?
As I know he did nothing until this year so has made his big step up.
That's probably the end of his improvement.

A number 5 mid?
We need a higher rank

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
someone will get squeezed. Out of those two I’d go Stocker but you will need to trade.

Kennedy is a free agent.
Dow the one for me. I think he is out of contract. Would get him cheap and fill a need for us. Has his queries but worth the punt. He is racking up the stats at VFL.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The other player we should be monitoring is Devon Robertson. Can’t get a look in at the moment.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The other player we should be monitoring is Devon Robertson. Can’t get a look in at the moment.
Not a great kick both for distance and accuracy and not overly quick. I'd prefer to spend our money on players to replace Cotchin, Edwards and Martin not depth to replace Jack Graham and Jack Ross

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Who's ahead of him at Brissy?
Jarrod Lyons maybe. Being kept out of it by an inside ball magnet who is more mature.
I liked Robertson in his draft year, could be a good late pick

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Go to the draft again.
If we keep our first 3 (r1 and r2 plus north r2) that'll be good.
3 in the first 30.
l say we will delist / retire 6 so we can afford to trade in Dow / Robertson with later picks

It will help with our age profile too

H tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 3, 2005
Miami style bling bling
Albeit the Dees' abundance of inside mids, they don't rate Brayshaw as one despite coming third in the brownlow as one. Luke Dunstan's inclusion to cover Viney is evident of this IMO. Or could just be they don't have anyone else to play on the supporting wing to Langdon
He is too much of a liability to play as an inside mid. Not because of his ability, but because he is one KO away from retirement...

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
No idea if was on the radar but the Suns Ben Ainsworth has re-signed for another 2 years with them.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If we keep our first 3 (r1 and r2 plus north r2) that'll be good.
3 in the first 30.
l say we will delist / retire 6 so we can afford to trade in Dow / Robertson with later picks

It will help with our age profile too

Depending on who is available. As I've mentioned on here, I'd trade 1 of those 2 seconds for Tanner Bruhn (he's only 20 and 2 years in so good age profile anyway).

Dow makes sense, reckon the Lions would want more for Robertson than what we could get Dow for. Petrevski Seton was traded by Carlton to West Coast for Pick 52 last year (via the dogs for Young) but essentially that was the trade, something similar would be a decent piece of business for us.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
To me it all depends on what number our first draft pick is,l would be chasing Tom Green ,l doubt that we would get a quality mid like him with pick 12-18,yes he's contracted for 2023,but that has never stopped deals before,and l bet he would love to come to the Tiges.

Next year we have Charlie Naish as a f/s so it will be interesting to see were he might be rated for 2023 come years end ,if the club rate him a possible 1st rounder for 2023,l would trade 2 first rounders for Green ,and get their second rounder for 2023 for points.

I would also say we should get Mcstay to boost our kp stocks up forward.

The most likely scenario is we stick to the draft,and use free agency as top ups

Last edited: