The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Depending on who is available. As I've mentioned on here, I'd trade 1 of those 2 seconds for Tanner Bruhn (he's only 20 and 2 years in so good age profile anyway).

Dow makes sense, reckon the Lions would want more for Robertson than what we could get Dow for. Petrevski Seton was traded by Carlton to West Coast for Pick 52 last year (via the dogs for Young) but essentially that was the trade, something similar would be a decent piece of business for us.
Bruhn was pick 12 and has played most weeks since he was drafted, you'd think GWS would be keen to keep him.

Blues pick Jack Carroll to debut. Reckon Dow's out the door.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bruhn was pick 12 and has played most weeks since he was drafted, you'd think GWS would be keen to keep him.

Blues pick Jack Carroll to debut. Reckon Dow's out the door.

I think they will want to keep him, but I feel he will come back to VIC. No intel though so I could be totally wrong.

Has looked good when they have played him in the midfield.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We need to do we what we did at the end of 2016 pluck 3 or 4 players from other clubs to fill holes.
This year shows that players that are given opportunity elsewhere play ok.
Keays, Lyon, Frampton, Broome, Acres and McCartin all good inclusions

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
For me the priority is maintaining draft picks, particularly any inside the first and second rounds. That alone is probably going to rule out trading for anyone decent.

It’s also pretty clear to the wider football world that we are in decline so can’t see us attracting any decent free agents this year either.

So what do we do? Take our medicine. Invest in the draft but also supplement with cheap, mature players from other clubs (like Dow) who can at the very least provide cover for our developing draftees.

However bad this year turns out, things a are going to get worse in 2023 before they start getting better.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
For me the priority is maintaining draft picks, particularly any inside the first and second rounds. That alone is probably going to rule out trading for anyone decent.

It’s also pretty clear to the wider football world that we are in decline so can’t see us attracting any decent free agents this year either.

So what do we do? Take our medicine. Invest in the draft but also supplement with cheap, mature players from other clubs (like Dow) who can at the very least provide cover for our developing draftees.

However bad this year turns out, things a are going to get worse in 2023 before they start getting better.
The other option if we finish mid-table is trade our first and second round picks for Green, a future third for Dow, and take Norf's second to the draft. That's almost fixing the midfield in one off-season with two blokes aged 21 and 23. If we get McStay as well, we're contenders in 2023, even without him.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The other option if we finish mid-table is trade our first and second round picks for Green, a fourth or future third for Dow (we don't have a third this year), and take Norf's second to the draft. That's almost fixing the midfield in one off-season with two blokes aged 21 and 23. If we get McStay as well, we're contenders in 2023, even without him.

I thought we kept our 3rd but not our 4th which we traded to North as part of the CCJ deal.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
if we want anyone decent we need to trade away to a number 1 draft pick or at least a pick 2 or 3.
We need to get another Cotchin & Martin like Duo.

TigerWinner

Tiger Rookie
Apr 21, 2022
I would think this year we go to the draft again...then 2023 we trade in 2 or 3 experienced recruits like 2016

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
He would have to be very cheap pick wise and I still wouldn’t be keen.
Dow is just an example of the type we need to be chasing. Cheap, available and with the required level of physical maturity.

We are likely to have some big gaps to fill on our list at years end. We can’t just throw all the kids into the senior side. That’s how you ruin a generation of talent (see GCS, Melbourne pre 2018). We need mature bodies around the kids providing the necessary physical support and structure for them to develop.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Couple at Freo, Josh Tracey. I reckon he should be on the list to look at.

And Griffin Louge, reckon there’s something there.